Portugal??

trail

Any one ever MD there? or no some one who has? Rules and reg. for detecting? What about trying to bring your finds home after being overseas??

I lived there some years ago... it is a beautiful country with wonderful people. I did not MD at the time, however, if it is like most of the European countries, as long as you are not removing a national treasure, you should be ok.... p.s. - the food and wine are MARVELOUS... stay out of the tourist traps. RickO

Been there three times and its like taking my son to the candy store and saying no no no. They do not like us!!!!!!!!!!! You have to get at least three permits that I know of now. I have gotten in trouble but thanks to my girlfriend she got of a world of **** and confiscating of my tesoro. But I got the names and emails of all the ministries that I need to get the permits from and im starting in october to begin the paper work... My email is [email protected] for further discussion

The food the people are like the family you wish you had, my god the food is beyond anything. Iv been to 5 countries and as they say portugal is the hidden diamond of europe for many things incuding metal detecting

Last edited by a moderator:
At November 2008.

PORTUGAL

There has been some new legislation introduced recently which prohibits searching for archaeological material without a permit. To obtain a permit, please apply to the Ministry of Culture in Portugal .

Other countries, information only, please treat with caution!

Doug

Link:- http://www.ncmd.co.uk/law.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom