Your eclipse finds

Beyonder123

Did any of you detect during the eclipse today? Me and my family went to a school that was in the line of totality. I decided to bring the detector. I didn't detect for long but found a bit of clad. What did you find?

picture.php

picture.php

I found that the humming birds pay no attention to the darkness during the eclipse and keep on working just inches from me.

We found an amazing "WOW" experience at the moment of totality :shock: !!!!

Also saw either Jupiter or Venus, temps dropped noticeably, outdoor solar and street lights came on, birds chirped, our dog barked up till totality then stayed quiet.

We later heard on the news that many of the animals at the zoo acted in unexpected strange ways.

Wasn't in totality but did notice the light change and a slight temp drop. I was detecting and found my first ever silver....LOL guess that's what it took....

Attachments

• 1941 21 Aug. 2017.JPG
    1941 21 Aug. 2017.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 216
We watched the eclipse from my backyard using the refractor projection method. 92% totality in the Puget Sound area. Afterwards I went over to my daughters elementary school for some easy clad, a button and cap gun barrel. HH! :grin:

Attachments

• IMAG0542.jpg
    IMAG0542.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMAG0587.jpg
    IMAG0587.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 180
I was in surprise meetings all day after skipping a pre work early morning hunt in favor of a long lunch hunt during the eclipse that I never got to take! :(

I actually found my first buffalo nickel, sterling ring and $9.13 in clad. Hurried home to escape the possibility of a zombie apocalypse just before totality!

Boring here in CT, looked like another cloudy day and was at work.. 2024 should be better for here..

Yep. Spend the whole day hunting homesteads. Left at 4:30 this morning and got back this evening at 7:30. No silver, but my friend whose place we hunted on found 3 early wheats. I found a whole pouch full of shotgun headstamps, and shells , and the lock from a muzzle loader.
c237cd41efe0a9076efc8e8be9f7855d.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Didn't get out today. Was working on school too hard. I did get out yesterday and the day before though. Nothing exceptional. Just clad and a pin that says "Oklahoma" on it with the picture of a horse. I did find a chain a couple weeks back, though. Not sure if it's silver or not.

Found on eclipse day

Attachments

• 20170822_110836_resized[255].jpg
    20170822_110836_resized[255].jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20170822_110851_resized[256].jpg
    20170822_110851_resized[256].jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 87
We found an amazing "WOW" experience at the moment of totality :shock: !!!!

Also saw either Jupiter or Venus, temps dropped noticeably, outdoor solar and street lights came on, birds chirped, our dog barked up till totality then stayed quiet.

We later heard on the news that many of the animals at the zoo acted in unexpected strange ways.

I was at a ghost town that was in the path of eclipse totality. The coyotes were howling like crazy. It was very cool.

I found that if I stay home to watch the eclipse I get treated to one heck of a thunderstorm. I also found that they were telling the truth when they said that it would get dark.

Back
Top Bottom