Minelab's new future release. Coming soon it seems.

That they are introducing a new multi frequency detector should come as a surprise to no one since they are the manufacturer of the worlds largest selling multi frequency detectors today.

Whether it will make all single frequency detectors obsolete is another question – but it just might. The reason of course is that one frequency at a time VLF detectors have gone just about as far as the technology can possibly take them. For the last decade or so the only improvements have been marginal in terms of signal processing, user interface and mechanical design.

Last edited:
I dont understand the spurious braggadocio? 'Rendering all Single freaks obsolete?' What is it? A private label deal with Tesoro?:laughing:

I cant wrap my head around this marketing claim...Minelab? With those tooty fruity tones and brick on a stick ergonomics? Unpossible!

I'd believe it if they said they were gonna render all Peruvian Panpipers, Philharmonic orchestral Wind sections, and Scottish Bagpipers obsolete..that makes complete sense, and something I would support...

I dont understand the spurious braggadocio? 'Rendering all Single freaks obsolete?' What is it? A private label deal with Tesoro?:laughing: Or possibly A special Minelab Coinstar machine that doesnt 'reject tray' the silvers? :laughing:

Yeah! Id be a buyer and run a fleet of those!:laughing:

If it indeed truly does render all single freq detector obsolete for all detecting venues.
Game set match.

The rest can fold up their tents and go home.

Or is this advertising lingo?

Multi freq application and unmasking/separation in and around iron, I just can't get my head around it being very good.

If it indeed truly does render all single freq detector obsolete for all detecting venues.

Right? Plenty of applications backed up by in field single freak performance finds...to render us all obsolete? Maybe its just a set of golf clubs or a free lawnmower, or a dating service? All of which would take a guy into time wasting obsolescence...I guess we need a bit more to go on here?

Maybe its like a Columbia House record 'membership club' deal like back in the 70's? You dont really get a machine, Minelab simply sends you some coins every month in the mail, and bills you accordingly? Along with some Yanni CDs and a kazoo of course?:laughing:

Last edited:
I love those flutey Minelab tones. Make the detector a well balanced 3.5 lbs or less, offer a faster single frequency mode around 18khz for hunting in iron while keeping the deep silver killing FBS that we love so much, give it a nice display, a menu with easy navigation, price it reasonably, SOLD!

I dont understand the spurious braggadocio? 'Rendering all Single freaks obsolete?' What is it? A private label deal with Tesoro?:laughing:

I cant wrap my head around this marketing claim...Minelab? With those tooty fruity tones and brick on a stick ergonomics? Unpossible!

I'd believe it if they said they were gonna render all Peruvian Panpipers, Philharmonic orchestral Wind sections, and Scottish Bagpipers obsolete..that makes complete sense, and something I would support...

Mud-puppy, I love your creative writing skills. Are you sure you're not distantly related to John Steinbeck ? :?: :laughing:

Either that, or you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night, eh ?

Last edited:
I will say my multi-frequency machines have outperformed all my single frequency machines with the exception of hunting gold. But then I am a cherry picker.

Mud-puppy, I've love your creative writing skills. Are you sure you're not distantly related to John Steinbeck ? :?: :laughing:

/QUOTE]

Steinbeck? I guess we are related in a roundabout way....As far as my Life has gone so far, I'm the character 'Lenny' in Mice and Men..as masterfully portrayed by John Malkovich, except I wouldnt have to do any infield character study, I'd just show up at the audition in what I'm wearing and be myself...Like I do here...

Maybe I'm confused, but my old Whites Spectrum had the ability to go to different frequencies. What we really need is a machine that has both Pulse Induction technology and VLF technology in the same machine.

I don't know, but if this makes my yard sale CTX 3030 obsolete I think I'll be aggravated... then again, if it's still finding silver, and I'm still out there using it, then I guess it's not obsolete after all. Sounds like a funny way to make a big announcement if you ask me. Not that they did, obviously :laughing:

Maybe I'm confused, but my old Whites Spectrum had the ability to go to different frequencies. What we really need is a machine that has both Pulse Induction technology and VLF technology in the same machine.

Your whites, like my garrett, can change the single frequency it uses, usually in a small range, to try to combat EMI, or other detectors in the same frequency. This uses two very different frequencies and reads them both. This allows for much more advanced ID algorithms.

Its like scanning it with a 3-9 khz detector, then scanning with a 30-60 khz detector, and comparing the results.

Sounds cool. Doubt it will be in my price range, unless I make some killer finds.

Back
Top Bottom