It was singing jus like a cricket?????

Attachments

• 20170731_213727.jpg
    20170731_213727.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 20170731_213637.jpg
    20170731_213637.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 167
In many Cultures, Crickets are considered Good Luck...People like to keep them around and even build small twig enclosures to keep them in, like for pets!...In Alabama, every bait store has a tub full of the miniscule virtuosos fiddling away in the back!! They live in discarded toilet paper tubes resembling a tiny hillbilly acoustic bandstand, and are fed with potato peelings like we are at the Waffle House!!

Its Wonderful to hear them! Like the Chicago Symphony without paying the parking fees!! A fabulous background soundtrack keeping in rhythm to the general baitstore early morning Old Guy banter...Cricket music Sets the World right....Excellent Bluegill bait they are, but to me, its a huge waste of talent! Like paying YoyoMa to wash Yo Car....

OK, so I'm thinking about Crickets all of a sudden...Flashbacking...Theres a song about Crickets that we learned back in the early 70's....Sr. Barbara Anne taught it to us 4th graders at St Richards....Looking back, it had a sorta cool Reggae or steel drummie kind of beat..."Lucky Little Cricket" it was called...It may be on youtube, I dont know...Anyway, We frigging loved to sing it and absolutely killed it on the Parents day performance! Standing O! From 40yrs of memory, the refrain:

"When you dress in green, you cannot be seen there in the green and leafy thicket...!
When you dress in brown, you cannot be found there on the ground come to me quick! Its so lonely here, Lucky Little Cricket!":laughing:

Hella cheerful song! Gave all us kids an appreciation and respect for Crickets and other tympanically stimulating insects to this day! At least it did for me......Its really hard to put one on a hook, not manually, just spiritually....even though they are gosh darn succulent and irresistable to Bluegills, theres lesser skilled alternatives available...I do not give a dman about most bugs, but thanks to Sr. Barbara Anne primarily, I'm a fan and friend of Crickets...

Last edited:
I remember as a kid, how I was amazed that my cricket cage didn't have or need a lid...lol

<°)))>{

My favorite Sushi bar serves BBQ crickets, very crunchy... but, sometimes the legs get stuck in your teeth.
DL

Back
Top Bottom