Underwater Detectors

CJ319

Forum Supporter
I'll soon be getting scuba certified and hopefully doing some underwater detecting by next summer. I currently used the Garrette AT Gold and love it. I also like Garrett's history of good customer service and support. I've been looking at the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and it gets good reviews on metaldetectorreviews.net. I probably wont be doing anything over 40 feet deep. Any recommendations on another model? Thanks and HH.

I'll soon be getting scuba certified and hopefully doing some underwater detecting by next summer. I currently used the Garrette AT Gold and love it. I also like Garrett's history of good customer service and support. I've been looking at the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and it gets good reviews on metaldetectorreviews.net. I probably wont be doing anything over 40 feet deep. Any recommendations on another model? Thanks and HH.

Love the SH2, had mine for a lil' over 5-years without a single issue. The SH2 has connectors so you can swap coils and headphones. being able to swap between the 8" and 10x14 is great. The small coil works great in tight crevis, narrow runnels, and switft currents or breaking surf. The bigger coil adds extra depth and is good for smooth areas and wide open spaces. Besides, its always great to have a spare. Even if you never want to swap those items, eventually you may wear something out and this makes it easier to do replacements instead of sending the unit to the factor or to a tuner. White's dual field is similar, but has hardwired accessories. Both units lack ground balance, which IMO isn't a necessity unless you are in some real mineral dense areas. If so, the infinium has GB and will meet your needs.

Last edited:
The sea hunter is built like a tank, but it has ZERO disc capabilities, it's a pure beep and dig and dig and dig machine.
Excal would be my answer...

Water detectors

Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II is a great fresh water and saltwater detector
I left you a link below to check out other ones that might fit your needs.
I am running discounts on water detectors
Give me a call
dennis

http://www.metaldetectors.com/beach-water-metal-detectors

also check out TESORO Sand Shark..

I just bought myself a new Tesoro Sand Shark, which is another USA made, good quality PI detector and probably the least costly of any of them. It also comes with the best warranty out there. Read up on the Sand Shark before you decide. If you're going to dig it all anyway, why pay more? They go for about $600 shipped btw, for the 10½ coil version. The 8" is even less. :sun:

Excall has a great reputation and it discriminates.. but it's 2½x the $ and doesn't have as good a warranty, which is something I think you'll need with a diving detector.

Back
Top Bottom