Minelab's new future release. Coming soon it seems.

I dont understand the spurious braggadocio? 'Rendering all Single freaks obsolete?' What is it? A private label deal with Tesoro?:laughing:

I cant wrap my head around this marketing claim...Minelab? With those tooty fruity tones and brick on a stick ergonomics? Unpossible!

I'd believe it if they said they were gonna render all Peruvian Panpipers, Philharmonic orchestral Wind sections, and Scottish Bagpipers obsolete..that makes complete sense, and something I would support...

Mud
I love all your posts!!!
Dude, please stop, I can't breath!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

On another forum, can't remember which, I saw what was allegedly a screen shot of the new Minelab. It showed a screen much like the 3030 with a lot of info on it, no color, and part of it looked like a fishfinder screen.

Could be, since I've seen talk of a magnetic field coil, that you get a cross section of whats under the coil showing the location of iron. It's being released in England and they have a big problem with iron.

Or maybe the whole thing I saw was a fake. :shrug:

Found the post. Definitely a fake screenshot.

...I hit that link and was directed to the Roomba website!:laughing::laughing: Big old robot running a vacuum cleaner! Had a couch tipped on edge even! Instead of a vacuum cleaner, Just stick a Minelab in his plastic paws and set him at it!

How great would THAT be! Just drop the damned thing off at a site, get him pointed in the right direction, then head on down to the bar, and let your Minelab Roomba Robot do the hunting! With the GPS capabilities, he can waddle along home to the recharge station and you can empty his sump of the finds! Maybe even program him to stop at the McDees or BK drivethrough and bring you home a sammich and pay for it with clad??

I'm a buyer!, but you say its fake?:laughing: Oh well...

Metal detectors have definitely improved but regardless of how many frequencies, computer-like display, etc a machine has, good finds still come down to one thing, learning/ mastering the machine you own. I have hunted with buddies that use BH beginner machines and they will pull all kinds of goodies out of the ground. Granted, it may only be down to 4" or so but because they know the machine they are using, they always have good hunts.( Researching the areas you hunt ahead of time is also an obvious aid to success.)
I am a big fan of new technology, especially when it comes to metal detectors/detecting but it seems the old adage of " the more things change, the more they stay the same" can be said here. Anybody with a MD can dig a plug, I'd rather dig a plug with something good in it.:yes:

Don't get me wrong, I do understand the importance of knowing how to detect and how someone with a lot of experience with a cheaper macine can out hunt a newbie with a $2,000 machine, But I also know you could give Mario Andretti a Volkswagen and I'd run circles around him in a race if I had a faster car. The old user experience is only as good as the machine they use.

I've used a lot of detectors and when it comes to flat out depth on old silver the multi-frequency technology of the Minelab is hard to match.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I do understand the importance of knowing how to detect and how someone with a lot of experience with a cheaper macine can out hunt a newbie with a $2,000 machine, But I also know you could give Mario Andretti a Volkswagen and I'd run circles around him in a race if I had a faster car. The old user experience is only as good as the machine they use.

I've used a lot of detectors and when it comes to flat out depth on old silver the multi-frequency technology of the Minelab is hard to match.

Amen!
And I'm hoping for the return of the SE ll!

I solved Minelabs single-frequency machine issue 2 years ago...it's called NEL 3-FREQ TORNADO DD coil....only cost $150 compared to $800.

If you have an XTERRA don't get fooled that you need to upgrade if you're happy already, just switch out that coil and you can run each frequency on the fly, and that coil KILLS IT, trust me!

Land lubbers have enough toys to choose from :yes:. Why not launch a new and improved water detector that is truly waterproof not this 10ft deep :chef2: :snapoutofit:

I know what's coming. I know someone that was in on it's development.
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

Right? Plenty of applications backed up by in field single freak performance finds...to render us all obsolete? Maybe its just a set of golf clubs or a free lawnmower, or a dating service? All of which would take a guy into time wasting obsolescence...I guess we need a bit more to go on here?

Maybe its like a Columbia House record 'membership club' deal like back in the 70's? You dont really get a machine, Minelab simply sends you some coins every month in the mail, and bills you accordingly? Along with some Yanni CDs and a kazoo of course?:laughing:

I was with you until you dissed my man, Yanni. That man is a genius.

LOL

Back
Top Bottom