What the %*@#$% is this?

Tomshell

Found about 3" down, just behind my house on an old service road. Appears to be brass, and has concentric rings around it and a very coarse thread that starts at the base. Some material is missing, but should be enough for someone to id. I sure cant. Ideas?
mystery item001.jpg

mystery item002.jpg

mystery item003.jpg

mystery item004.jpg

mystery item005.jpg

Doesn't look like brass...

Brass can be green, copper, gold, brown..

But that looks grey, you sure it's not lead?

Almost looks like a crazy bullet..

<°)))>{

Doesn't look like brass...

Brass can be green, copper, gold, brown..

But that looks grey, you sure it's not lead?

Almost looks like a crazy bullet..

<°)))>{

It is gold colored, just doesn't look like it in the picture. Definitely not lead. And it isn't plated,it is solid. I just scratched it with a steel blade, and it is shiny yellow brass for sure.

umbrella or walking cane tip? almost looks like it has been spun on the ground over many years, like out of boredom

Those things that look like "rings" are threads? They are strange. It looks like it was very crudely turned on a lathe when it was made - not a terribly smooth transition and that sprue tip is odd too. What does the end that looks like something is broken off in it really look like - is something broken off in it, or is it all solid brass?

My guess would be a tip off something too.

Those things that look like "rings" are threads? They are strange. It looks like it was very crudely turned on a lathe when it was made - not a terribly smooth transition and that sprue tip is odd too. What does the end that looks like something is broken off in it really look like - is something broken off in it, or is it all solid brass?

My guess would be a tip off something too.

The rings definitely wind up the outside diameter. Like a coarse acme thread or something similar. I will look more closely and see if it is solid,or maybe something at the base threaded in.

Back
Top Bottom