California road trip

wadepliskin

Hey guys,

It's been awhile. Life's been keeping me busy this year.

I was hoping/looking for some input if anyone has any.

I am going on a road trip starting tomorrow down the Pacific Coast Highway.
My first overnight stop will be in Crescent City. What are the beaches like? Can they be detected with any success?

Any particular cities or beaches I should hit on the way?

I don't expect anyone to share great producing secret spots but was hoping someone might throw some helpful info my way :)

Thank all,

Corey

Just got back from a PCH trip, I hit Carmel , Seaside, Goletta, Twinlakes, Capitola, Half Moon Bay, Stump and Glennin beaches. Didnt get in the water much, it was rough, broke a shaft after getting hit with a wave. Very little clad and no jewelry in the dry sand. Im chalking it up to it being late in the season and the locals cleaning it up already. Or maybe the wrong time of day. I did better in the parks.

Just got back from a PCH trip, I hit Carmel , Seaside, Goletta, Twinlakes, Capitola, Half Moon Bay, Stump and Glennin beaches. Didnt get in the water much, it was rough, broke a shaft after getting hit with a wave. Very little clad and no jewelry in the dry sand. Im chalking it up to it being late in the season and the locals cleaning it up already. Or maybe the wrong time of day. I did better in the parks.

what did you get in Carmel, Seaside, Twin lakes, and Capitola ? Those are all my stomping grounds (kindly send me my 30% "cut" :cool: ).

Corey: All the CA beaches are most-likely going to be sanded in right now. No storms or swells for quite awhile. So you will most likely find the wet sand inter-tidal zone to be sterile . You might be relegated to the dry sand.

If you find yourself as far south as Monterey Bay, drop me a PM and I'll show you a few beach spots where pits can be dug down to bed-rock . And a few dry sand zones that still give up some silver now & then.

Back
Top Bottom