New Guy Here

gfbohn

From North Central Illinois .... Hello everyone...
I'm new to the forum but been dirt fishin' for a few months now. No big finds yet just the usual clad and a few silvers. Lot of pennies but only one Indian.
However ...I have 2 BIG recent permissions that I've just barely hit so it should be a good Fall.
I have 2 machines ... a Garrett 350 and an AT Pro. Looking forward to learning from the forum ... sharing what I can ... and enjoying this cool hobby!
Good huntin' to all ...
Greg

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Sounds like you're off to a good start !

In case you have seen these yet:

(part 1 of 4)______________________________________(part 4 of 8)

Can I slap you for that nonchalant statement?? A Few Silvers?? I have found a grand total of 3 silver coins in the past two years and I detect a couple days a week.

A Few Silvers. Dang!!! (LOL)

But Congratulations. You are doing good.

Welcome to the forum and we need to see Pictures to keep us hopeful.

Still getting the hang of this forum thing ... it's my first.
Thanks for the replies! Guess I have been lucky. Been doing good finding silvers with the Garrett 350. Got those from a 1900s farm permission. Then ... I won a AT Pro in a drawing at a local tavern. I woke up the next morning with a hangover and a new AT Pro! Not sure about the "Pro" settings yet but I'll get the hang of it eventually. Thanks again for the replies!
Greg

Hey George! This might keep you hopeful....;)

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 139
Hi & welcome from Oklahoma, you sound like you're naturally a lucky guy which does not hurt in this hobby!

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than it is to be good, and if you learn those machines well you can be both which is even better. :yes:

Thank to everyone for the welcomes, tips and videos. Hope I can contribute in the future. BTW .... just back home from a few hours hunting. Not much to show except pull tabs and a few caps. Hopefully the price of aluminum will soar. :-)

Back
Top Bottom