• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

cz-21 rant!!

Yeah I had one for a while...I built this brain box mount out of a trolling motor battery box ..The pics show a chest mount set up, but I liked the hip mount rig better using a wide web dive weight belt threaded through the cutouts......It was really comfortable with that wide footprint and took me all of 15 minutes to make, even taking pictures and designing along the way...I found some gold with it though...

Then one day, the thing decided to take a dump! Right in Prime Time season of course!...So I took it all apart myself in a feeble attempted diagnostic and repair and learned a whole lot about what I dont know! And especially about how the CZ 20 was put together! :laughing: Full of vaccuum tubes and bakelite and Mica like a damned 60's era Zenith! I aint never seen nothing like it! Way over my head! So I put it somewhat back together and shipped it off to the Factory!

Kings Ransom on the CC, I got it back a few months later...Then I sold it at a loss, and included the harness I built as a spiff!...I dont know why anybody like us needs a rig rated for "250' depths"? Nobody dives 250'! Unless its a one way kind of deal of course...Who the hell thought of this in the first place? Aquaman and Nickolai Tesla collaboration? Jules Verne? Richard Basehart? All we want is a rig that can hold up to a depth of maybe 15'! In case of a once in a Lifetime incoming tsunami!!

How many metal detectorists ever go deeper than say 50'? Outside the Us Navy? Like about two? What kind of engineering is this? :?:

"Built like a tank" for sure.. Four 9v batts are nearly as heavy and just as expensive as an Abrams tank I suppose, plus, along these lines, one little leak and a fellow is cooked!... I was just wading when mine took a dump, gentle wave splash or something caught it off guard or something......

You gotta get that brain box off the shaft and on your hip to use this rig for wading or general purpose beachcleaning ...The thing certainly has earned a reputation out there as a gold finder...Norm Garnush swore by his, I swore at mine...Scubadee is subsurface, so its not an issue for him..Its OK to swear underwater...probably the best..

(Thats a hellacool CZ20/21 harness though right?) The damn thing conformed and really spread out the load...I shoulda probably made up a bunch and sold them! I still got an extra CZ20/21 shaft assembly sitting here...If anybody needs it...nice pistol grip handle and armcuff and all...$20...:laughing:

Attachments

• harness 1.jpg
    harness 1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 53
  • harness 2.jpg
    harness 2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 56
  • harness 3.jpg
    harness 3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 52
  • harness 4.jpg
    harness 4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 52
  • harness 5.jpg
    harness 5.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Yeah I had one for a while...I built this brain box mount out of a trolling motor battery box ..The pics show a chest mount set up, but I liked the hip mount rig better using a wide web dive weight belt threaded through the cutouts......It was really comfortable with that wide footprint and took me all of 15 minutes to make, even taking pictures and designing along the way...I found some gold with it though...

Then one day, the thing decided to take a dump! Right in Prime Time season of course!...So I took it all apart myself in a feeble attempted diagnostic and repair and learned a whole lot about what I dont know! And especially about how the CZ 20 was put together! :laughing: Full of vaccuum tubes and bakelite and Mica like a damned 60's era Zenith! I aint never seen nothing like it! Way over my head! So I put it somewhat back together and shipped it off to the Factory!

Kings Ransom on the CC, I got it back a few months later...Then I sold it at a loss, and included the harness I built as a spiff!...I dont know why anybody like us needs a rig rated for "250' depths"? Nobody dives 250'! Unless its a one way kind of deal of course...Who the hell thought of this in the first place? Aquaman and Nickolai Tesla collaboration? All we want is a rig that can hold up to a depth of maybe 15'! In case of a once in a Lifetime incoming tsunami!!

"Built like a tank" for sure.. Four 9v batts are nearly as heavy and just as expensive I suppose, plus, one little leak and a fellow is cooked!... I was just wading when mine took a dump, gentle wave splash or something caught it off guard or something......

You gotta get that brain box off the shaft and on your hip to use this rig for wading or general purpose beachcleaning ...The thing certainly has earned a reputation out there as a gold finder...Norm Garnush swore by his, I swore at mine...Scubadee is subsurface, so its not an issue for him..Its OK to swear underwater...probably the best..

(Thats a hellacool CZ20/21 harness though right?) The damn thing conformed and really spread out the load...I shoulda probably made up a bunch and sold them! I still got an extra CZ20/21 shaft assembly sitting here...If anybody needs it...nice pistol grip handle and armcuff and all...$20...:laughing:

Mud, I'd Like to buy it

Back
Top Bottom