Nokta Impact information

TNSS
Thank you for the suggestion to reduce the Fe volume. It worked great! I reduced the Fe notch to 15 and hunted an old 1920's built schools relocated baseball diamond that hasn't been used since the early 70's. This still got rid of the iron but Every 20's signal was foil, beaver tails, bottle caps. Maybe it's the soil here but it is really repeatable. Tomorrow I am going to set the Fe notch back to 26 and see how it works. On a side note, DI4 worked like a coin killer today! All except 2 were post era clad. I didn't dig a coin today later than 1967. I got 6 quarters, 11 dimes, 4 nickels and 11 copper pennies. I got 2 Rosie dimes that finally rang in the fourth tone!!! I found stuff deeper today than DI99 mode as you stated. I found a scratchy dime in DI4 and I already knew what it was. When I went to DI99 to test it was gone. Just an FYI.
Tomorrow is back in the woods with a buddy to search a giant cellar hole/farmstead.

You are welcome.

You can set your fe break up to 35 if you want.
And start cleansing out a site.
Even higher if you want like 40.

A site that's loaded with targets and is older,,,You can hunt in stages.

Sounds like you are doing well.

You are welcome.

You can set your fe break up to 35 if you want.
And start cleansing out a site.
Even higher if you want like 40.

A site that's loaded with targets and is older,,,You can hunt in stages.

Sounds like you are doing well.

Thank you for your sage advice! I think for now, back to a Tone notch of 26 and report back. I haven't found any gold here that reported below 42 yet. Maybe it's the soil here. The fourth tone worked a charm today!

Hi guys. I need your advice and opinion. I live in Eastern Europe and I want to buy this metal detector. But, there is very little information about it.

Can you share your opinion about it? Worth the money?

Thank you.

Hi guys. I need your advice and opinion. I live in Eastern Europe and I want to buy this metal detector. But, there is very little information about it.

Can you share your opinion about it? Worth the money?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.

Detector performs well.
If I lived in an area with older history.
I would want the stock coil and at least one of the smaller ones offered.
Smallest coil offering performs very well for its size.

As far as your asking, is it worth the money?
Only you will be able to answer that.

The hunt number two and first coins.

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 442
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 424
  • sww.jpg
    sww.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 415
The hunt number two and first coins.

I believe this is the first of many you'll find in Eastern Europe with your Impact.
All that old history and iron too boot,,Impact strong performer.

Congrats on your finds.

Thanks for sharing.

Any dates on those coins?
What are they exactly?

i believe this is the first of many you'll find in eastern europe with your impact.
All that old history and iron too boot,,impact strong performer.

Congrats on your finds.

Thanks for sharing.

Any dates on those coins?
What are they exactly?

Thank you. These coins was find in iron infested site. First of all I used 14kHz and 20 kHz frequency, but with little success. Then I used a frequency of 5 kHz and the signal was clear. Can you tell which program and frequency is better to use in such places? A lot of false signals.
Sorry for my English :(

This is a coin of 1810-1820, no dates are visible. Russian Tsar Alexander the First, the period of the war with Napoleon. Pure copper.

Thank you. These coins was find in iron infested site. First of all I used 14kHz and 20 kHz frequency, but with little success. Then I used a frequency of 5 kHz and the signal was clear. Can you tell which program and frequency is better to use in such places? A lot of false signals.
Sorry for my English :(

This is a coin of 1810-1820, no dates are visible. Russian Tsar Alexander the First, the period of the war with Napoleon. Pure copper.

If your site has a lot of iron, mm but not much trash.
DI99 mode.
You can use any frequency.
Real thick iron use 14 or 20 kHz.
You won't need to do tone break settings using di99 mode.
Isat to 1 is ok.
Gain, try to run at least 85, maybe 90.
Disc, leave at 3.
Listen for higher tones.

Get a good ground balance.

DI99 a good go to mode when iron is thicker.

If your site has a lot of iron, mm but not much trash.
DI99 mode.
You can use any frequency.
Real thick iron use 14 or 20 kHz.
You won't need to do tone break settings using di99 mode.
Isat to 1 is ok.
Gain, try to run at least 85, maybe 90.
Disc, leave at 3.
Listen for higher tones.

Get a good ground balance.

DI99 a good go to mode when iron is thicker.
Thank you. I used DI 99 yesterday when I found the coins.

This place was a settlement of the 1-2 century. I found here a bronze clasp, a Roman denarius. But today, only the bullet (WW1), iron ring and the Soviet two kopecks 1955. I tried different modes.

Can you explain in which cases to use the mode VLX1 and VLX2? And what is the difference between them?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 436
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 453
This place was a settlement of the 1-2 century. I found here a bronze clasp, a Roman denarius. But today, only the bullet (WW1), iron ring and the Soviet two kopecks 1955. I tried different modes.

Can you explain in which cases to use the mode VLX1 and VLX2? And what is the difference between them?

My Impact is on loan.
VLX1 is a neutered program for strength depth wise.
Vlx2 is more powerful.

These programs provide different ID on the same targets vs swept with say Di2, DI3,DI4, and DI99.

I actually don't use these modes very much.

Vlx1 would be a good mode for a brand new detectorist just starting out with Impact.

Shari
Welcome to the forum!
The VLX modes are similar to the DI3 and DI4 modes but use a different iron scale. The VLX scales use the 0-40 scale for iron and all the DI modes including COG mode use the 0-15 scale for iron. In the manual it says the vlx modes run quieter but I think the software in VLX may be adjusting the threshold more to make it quieter. Please correct me if I am wrong TNSS!

I hunt mostly in DI99 here with 0 disc and gain at 90-95 in the deep woods. I have been running DI4 with my settings on tones and tone breaks a lot also. According to the manual, DI4 is the deepest of the DI modes. Please pipe in TNSS...

Shari
Welcome to the forum!
The VLX modes are similar to the DI3 and DI4 modes but use a different iron scale. The VLX scales use the 0-40 scale for iron and all the DI modes including COG mode use the 0-15 scale for iron. In the manual it says the vlx modes run quieter but I think the software in VLX may be adjusting the threshold more to make it quieter. Please correct me if I am wrong TNSS!

I hunt mostly in DI99 here with 0 disc and gain at 90-95 in the deep woods. I have been running DI4 with my settings on tones and tone breaks a lot also. According to the manual, DI4 is the deepest of the DI modes. Please pipe in TNSS...

I don't know internally what is going on comparing the VLX modes.
Just seems one is weaker for depth than the other.

As far as DI4 being deeper.
Yep in mild soil it is out of all the modes except for deep.
Key word in sentence above mild soil.
In my soil DI99 seems to give me every bit the depth DI4 does.
My soil is defintiely medium minerlized.
In the Midwest, and places in the northeast,,,I would expect some sensational depth using Impact.
Even the small football coil will strike pretty darn deep.

I also find DI99 and DI4 are about equal in depth. I've been using DI4 in the last 2 weekends and like it a lot. The inland soil here for the most part doesn't even register 1 bar on the meter. Only one place gives me trouble because they dumped a lot of burnt coal in the area. Machine went nuts in all the DI modes. I ran COG mode and it ran quieter.

Can you explain - what mean Peel here on the screen?
Today result. Its was terrible hard day.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 383
Can you explain - what mean Peel here on the screen?
Today result. Its was terrible hard day.

There's a protective film on the screen. To remove it, grab the corner and "Peel Here". I'd leave it on as long as possible for protection.

Hi guys. I listened to your advice, re-read the instructions again. Result for today.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 347
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 345
Back
Top Bottom