Sterling finds..

EPGolfs

Looking at .925 value, I'd say I already know the answer, but:

Do you generally just keep all your Sterling finds? Seems the melt value is worth less than the piece itself. Found several pieces of Sterling in my last couple hunts & they're all in fantastic shape. I'll likely just keep them, but for my own knowledge ~ aren't they worth more as a piece of jewelry than the per gram value?

If they are nice looking, yeah, sell them or give them away as gifts. Some Members here list jewelry for sale on the Forum, and I have bought a few interesting pieces myself...

One guy offers a waitress the choice between a silver ring or a $5 dollar cash tip at the little breakfast diner he frequents....so he is basically selling them for over melt...

You can sell them if you just carry them around with you and offer them to just about anybody...I've sold some at garage sales, even gold rings, at the Coin Club meeting one guy bought a nice Mens band for $20, to the guy who works the counter at the beer store has bought a few and always asks if I've found something interesting.....

Even nice looking junk metal Tungsten or Cobalts or Titaniums or even Stainless Steels have a street value if somebody takes a fancy to them and they fit.....

The Silver designer rings like David Yurmans or Tiffanys command way above melt on sites like Ebay....and a lot of Members use that for offloading the high dollar ones...

When you notice a Lady who really likes Silver, a ring on every finger or a nice bracelet/necklace/earrings...even if Shes a stranger, just start talking about all the nice silver you have and ask if she wants to buy some....and you can always sell to them, they get a deal, you get above melt.....

Give some methods a try this weekend and report back! Its as much fun selling them as it is finding them!

Some sterling rings can be worth more than melt if you can find a buyer. I've kept all my sterling finds except one because it got me $175.00. it was a circa 1915 Jensen ring made in Denmark and highly collectible. Most sterling rings are worth melt so I keep them.

Most new sterling jewelry sells for way over, like 10X or more, over melt value. Find the melt value by weight of the item and offer for 5 time melt value...you will be happy at how many you can sell, but they must look nice, so clean them if necessary. Named makers jewelry can sell for even more, so check for hallmarks and research makers.

I like it...

Keep it all, except a couple gifts..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20160301_193405.jpg
    IMG_20160301_193405.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 288
Back
Top Bottom