Area worth hunting?

Brucem

Theres a water supply area nearby that was built back in the early 1950's. Do you think it would be worth looking there?
I know that silver stopped in 1964, so its a pretty narrow range of only about 14 years.
I'm still trying to come up with areas for looking at, especailly with all the finds I keep hearing about in this area (New England).

Sounds like a good area but make sure that you can hunt there. The water supply area where I am from only allows for fishing only and is protected by NYC DEP police. They have increased there patrols since 9-11 and would not be suprised if the site you want to detect is off limits or has restrictions. There were a lot of revolutionary military camps in those areas where I am from and wish I could search there. Good hunting.

Sure, even though silver coinage stopped being produced in 1964 it was still in circulation for many years afterwards. Its rare but you can still find it in change today.
The 2 silver Rosies in my last post was from a church yard that was established in the 1950's
Look for places where people spent time outdoors, the more people and the older the site the better the odds of finding silver.

Back
Top Bottom