MD on a Scooter...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
Hello boys and girls, it's been a good while since my last post and I hope all is well with you and yours.

Long time Chicagoland area V3i enthusiast but took a break to recover from the bend and reach disease. Doc patched me up and I thinking to get back out there with you mutts but I need to lighten my gear and take it easy.

I was surprised to see Minelab had a funky 2 pound fold up MD since my last logon. When I saw it was only 22" long I immediately ordered the Go Find 60 from Kellyco and it should be here in a couple days. I always wanted a decent machine that could fit in my scooters luggage box for quick and easy curbside snatch and go's. If this fits in my Honda... the night pirate will ride again!

Quick question; how's this low-end MD doing? Can it rattle around under my scooter seat and perform well for shallow hunts? Practically disposable this MD might be the forest preserve hunters dream :D just kidding relax. But you know, I do like to sweep your lawn at 2-3am in the morning hope the back light isn't too bright.

I ordered one for throwing in a backpack and riding my mountain bike to spots. It works pretty well. Air tests a dime to about 8" which isn't too shabby. Haven't used it very much though, summer is too hot.

Never used one myself, but from what I've seen on the interwebs it seems to be pretty descent for the price. Best of luck!

I ordered one for throwing in a backpack and riding my mountain bike to spots. It works pretty well. Air tests a dime to about 8" which isn't too shabby. Haven't used it very much though, summer is too hot.
Thanks for the report, not worried about depth at all. All the finds in my album were within 3 inches. Can't really take a spade when I go out to gather trinkets :D love a trinket. Lots of summer concerts are leaving their gifts behind and I can't wait to catch up and post some new items.. WOOT!

In case you had not noticed this MineLab series (I really find it hard to believe this hasn't already debut in here somewhere) You people used to rip into every new detector that came out on the market :cool: Link me to a good thread please if you know of one. The last detector that was causing big buzz before I fell out was XP DEUX.

Back
Top Bottom