Hi! Newbie looking for people in Venice, FL

Nightingale

Just like the title says! I've been in Venice, Florida for the past four years or so (originally from West Palm Beach) and I just recently bought my first detector!

You can read more about this if you want on my intro thread - http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=210644

In any case, I'm hoping to find some good people in my area whom I could go out and detect with. Now being a newbie, you should know that I dont have much experience yet and decide whether or not you'd like to hunt with me based on that.

At the risk of losing modesty I'm friendly and generally easy to get along with - if a bit talkative. I might ask some questions from time to time if I go out with you so I can become better acquainted with the hobby and yourself. I'm young (just 25) but I like to think of myself as respectful and I'm more than happy to follow your lead if that's how you would prefer it.

I live in Venice but im more than happy to drive to meet you as long as its not more than an hour and a half away or so.

If all of this sounds ok to you, go ahead and reply. Thanks very much : )

Wished I lived closer, good hunting buds are hard to come by. I know this well as I started selling MDs and that was my main motivation 8 years ago for doing so. I did get a couple of friends out of it, but learned the hard way that MANY people will just be your friend long enough to get what info they can glean from you. It is sad, but greed is one of the seven deadly sins, and equally sad is it affects many a detectorists. However I'm still not discouraged as I did get one really good friend out of it, and that's all one needs

Oh yeah not to mention all the jewlery that must be on your beaches :D

Good luck to you, and hope you get a pal or even two.

Wished I lived closer, good hunting buds are hard to come by. I know this well as I started selling MDs and that was my main motivation 8 years ago for doing so. I did get a couple of friends out of it, but learned the hard way that MANY people will just be your friend long enough to get what info they can glean from you. It is sad, but greed is one of the seven deadly sins, and equally sad is it affects many a detectorists. However I'm still not discouraged as I did get one really good friend out of it, and that's all one needs

Oh yeah not to mention all the jewlery that must be on your beaches :D

Good luck to you, and hope you get a pal or even two.

lol, I dont know what they could take from me except my wallet or other posessions. I know no good spots locally that anyone with a brain couldnt figure out and while i've been learning a lot - I dont know enough about the hobby to teach people yet. A guy I met on here has been very helpful to me so far and I'm planning on going on a hunt with him as soon as I can get myself a beach scoop.

Good advice im sure though. What have people taken from you in the past that makes you say that?

Im in the venice area

I use to have a nice white metal detector and now i am in the market for a new one. I haven't had much luck finding a place that sells them in Venice so if you know of any place please let me know. Once i have acquired the merchandise I am up for some hunting

I live in Port Charlotte and have been planing on trying the beaches around Venice.Have a low end machine which is usable in dry sand.Would be open to meeting others for a hunt.

I live just over in port Charlotte

I am 24 I've been detecting for about a year now. I like to detect old house sites and other sites with some history. I do lots of research to find places to detect. It would be awesome to have someone to detect with.
PM me

Just like the title says! I've been in Venice, Florida for the past four years or so (originally from West Palm Beach) and I just recently bought my first detector!

You can read more about this if you want on my intro thread - http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=210644

In any case, I'm hoping to find some good people in my area whom I could go out and detect with. Now being a newbie, you should know that I dont have much experience yet and decide whether or not you'd like to hunt with me based on that.

At the risk of losing modesty I'm friendly and generally easy to get along with - if a bit talkative. I might ask some questions from time to time if I go out with you so I can become better acquainted with the hobby and yourself. I'm young (just 25) but I like to think of myself as respectful and I'm more than happy to follow your lead if that's how you would prefer it.

I live in Venice but im more than happy to drive to meet you as long as its not more than an hour and a half away or so.

If all of this sounds ok to you, go ahead and reply. Thanks very much : )

you are not to far im looking for new hunting buddies to. send me a pm if you would like to meet up somewhere and hunt

Back
Top Bottom