police search with MD

DougF

Elite Member
I saw this photo in the paper last week. A bank robbery suspect had run from the scene of the robbery and was cornered in a shed. There was a shootout between the police and him. He was killed, one policeman wounded, not too seriously. This is a scanned photo, the paper's website requires registration. I don't recognize the detector, but looks like a basic model, probably good enough to find bullet casings, etc. Thought you all might be interested.

Attachments

• md for bullets 1.jpg
    md for bullets 1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 130
I got a little newpaper/newsletter from Garrett a while back and there was an article in there about the garrett CSI 250, basically its an ace 250 geared more toward CSI work, from what I remember it had a little different circuitry and a readout disigned more for detecting whatever metal you'd find at a crime sceen, and it seemed to work pretty good

Since 9/11, Garrett has dedicated alot of it's sales efforts & marketing towards law enforcement & homeland secdurity.

Who can ever forget those black Garrett Wands with yellow lettering are the Airport screening areas?

I use a Garret hand held wand 2 days a week at the local Gospel Rescue Mission shelter. We check in about 30-60 guys a night. I run the wand over front & back - rarely find anything. Steve in so az

The sheriffs departement in the county I work in just bought one even though I told them mine was always available. Anyone can buy one but it takes time to learn to use it also. I'm sure they will be calling me when it comes time to find something important.

Our schools are subject to random searches by a private security firm that comes in. They use the Garrett handhelds also.

Back
Top Bottom