Cache Pro PinPointer

vanstheman3

Elite Member
These things were marketed as long range locators. Personally I think they were and are a scam. People still want to believe in them. Do you believe in dowsing? Then get yourself a magic stick and save your money on this if you answered yes.

pin pointer

Yeah I will probably buy the PP. I'm only one dig away from that big Gold and Diamond ring in that field across the street I have a Big box of Can slaw out of,,,LOL

Interesting......any idea how long the probe is? I don't see it mentioned in the ad.

Edit: Never mind, found it on the manufacturers website. . . . I was looking on kellyco's. . . . 8" "for deep penetration" :haha: :facepalm:

I can see breaking that wand, and also weakness in the unit itself since it has that stock looking control knob. Just by looking at it's operation(which I did on Utube), this thing is sketchy at best. The Pro Pointer from Garretts seems a no brainer IMO. martin

It is not marketed as a long range locator. I have an earlier version called the Cache-Pro CP-200. It is not auto tuning like the Cache-Pro Delux. If you tune it to where it's barely giving a signal, kind of scratchy like a geiger counter, it will go quiet on ferrous objects and squeal on non-ferrous. So it shows you exactly where the object is, and if it's ferrous. I can't count how many round steel caps, electrical box knockouts, and other pieces of round rusty steel it has saved me from digging. I don't know if the new ones can give a low versus high tone or if they just remain silent until they approach a non-ferrous target. My only complaint is that the manual tuning is very touchy. the slightest movement of the dial changes it from full silent to full scream. The sweet spot is a pain to find. The squeal frequency is pretty annoying too. I often pre-poke the hove with my brass probe to save wear and tear on the Cache-Pro probe tip, although it's supposed to be super hard. Otherwise it's an awesome device which has saved me countless hours. As far as I know it's the only stand-alone discriminating pinpointer available. As for apparent sketchy quality it's built better than it looks. Mine has been trouble free for years, and I bought it used.

Back
Top Bottom