CTX bit the dust

You are number 4 so far that i know of with a screen issue. Some have to smack it and it comes back on........ imagine having to do that on a $2500 machine. Shipping is getting crazy...... brown needs to change their name to green.

You are number 4 so far that i know of with a screen issue. Some have to smack it and it comes back on........ imagine having to do that on a $2500 machine. Shipping is getting crazy...... brown needs to change their name to green.

not just ups, have you seen usps prices lately or the global scamming program on ebay? ebay detector $700... shipping international $325.

if only the ctx malfunctions would hit my competition

Before anyone ships detector to Minelab repair center at Kellyco call and explain your issues to someone, it will save you shipping the entire detector when they only need the UI (User Interface). LCD screen burning out happens on all detectors that have them. Seen it on Explorers, Safaris, ETracs, and CTXs.

not just ups, have you seen usps prices lately or the global scamming program on ebay? ebay detector $700... shipping international $325.

if only the ctx malfunctions would hit my competition

And the seller will see roughly 450$ of any of that$. eBay is being broken up now from paypal. It's still a scam. List free. And at the end of the month some how you owe money. And there's no details on why. It's a very deceptive site. You only make money on buying for 5$ at a yard wall and selling for 100$ on feebay. And then there is the buyer scene. If there the least bit unhappy they can file a claim and hold your money. Hhgl-Joe

And when you go to pay your eBay balance if your not careful it will use paypal credit not your balance. Instead of subtracting it from the sale... Love hate that site.

Where did you ship it from to be that expensive?

Sounds like the LCD is bad, you only needed to send the UI, not the coil, shaft or battery..

Shipped it UPS covered for $1400. Only sent the screen section and brains. Only way ship cheaper they said was to lower value. Only problem is when one gets lost. Someone I know shipped a new defective T2 for repairs via USPS. It got lost. USPS and the factory both blamed the other for loss. So basically he threw a brand new T2 out the window. I've been having packages smashed up and busted open by USPS so I chose UPS to hope it makes it in one piece. Next time i'll drive to Winter springs if it needs repaired and pillage the beaches while I'm there.

Too many electronics on that machine. Its just asking for trouble with hard use. I just want my machines to beep and go deep. Iron discrimination is nice too in trashy areas.

This is no different then bikes. I used to have an expensive bike with gears, hand brakes, etc. Had to be tuned up every few months and always needed some kind of repair. Now I have a beach cruiser with no gears and only the pedal brake that is more comfortable and can literally fall off the back of my car while driving and still not need a repair - although I do oil the chain once a year:)

Shipped it UPS covered for $1400. Only sent the screen section and brains. Only way ship cheaper they said was to lower value. Only problem is when one gets lost. Someone I know shipped a new defective T2 for repairs via USPS. It got lost. USPS and the factory both blamed the other for loss. So basically he threw a brand new T2 out the window. I've been having packages smashed up and busted open by USPS so I chose UPS to hope it makes it in one piece. Next time i'll drive to Winter springs if it needs repaired and pillage the beaches while I'm there.

Kellyco ships back Fedex and with $2000 insurance it is $21 and change..

Mine has been back to Minelab 2 times now and it is looking like a third. I finally decided to dunk it again and yes I made sure all things where clean and on correctly and now my external speaker sounds real low. I love my CTX but it is no water machine for sure.

Mine has been back to Minelab 2 times now and it is looking like a third. I finally decided to dunk it again and yes I made sure all things where clean and on correctly and now my external speaker sounds real low. I love my CTX but it is no water machine for sure.

Are you using stock gaskets? I never had a leak problem using thicker gaskets. I got slammed hard last for times I was out with waves. Run hose over it to clean it.

It's the stupid gasket. They should be forced to fix the design. As is stock it is not a water machine.

This is just me I wouldn't dunk it with stock gasket...not even take out in rain.

Gl hope machines all good. -Joe

Sorry to hear it and I hope they take care of you it's not everyday they find someone willing to part with that kind of money and I hope they realize that. The main reason for my response is shipping I found out the hard way with UPS unless they package whatever you're shipping they will not honor the insurance period. I used to sell on Ebay quite a bit and one day at UPS shipping a motorcycle body part the girl told me I was wasting my money on insurance and that if they didn't package it they wouldn't cover it, you could see where a fork from their forklift had went through the box and they claimed improper packaging and I was S.O.L. they wouldn't cover it. Good luck and I hope they do the right thing and take care of you. Let us know how it shakes out your story will have an impact on the rest of our decisions I know it will on mine I don't own a Minelab but have considered one, right now I have a fortune wrapped up in a V3I.

Are you using stock gaskets? I never had a leak problem using thicker gaskets. I got slammed hard last for times I was out with waves. Run hose over it to clean it.

It's the stupid gasket. They should be forced to fix the design. As is stock it is not a water machine.

This is just me I wouldn't dunk it with stock gasket...not even take out in rain.

Gl hope machines all good. -Joe

I use the thicker gaskets now. I did not change my USB port as it was fine and I just wade. I think the USB was not as fine as I thought. Lol.

I use the thicker gaskets now. I did not change my USB port as it was fine and I just wade. I think the USB was not as fine as I thought. Lol.

I'd get that gasket. In meantime just make sure it's nice n snug and don't dunk. I love the machine. But the waterproof design is a joke. It should have been iterated out right from the beginning. Obviously a water machine should have a wider gasket and a screws shut like the cz or 1280. And the usb. Huge mistake not to use Bluetooth.

They won't fix any of it. Well just have to wait for the next machine...no time soon. Hhgl-Joe

They could have used their headphone connector which is 6 pin to charge the battery and kept it all sealed. They only use 2 of those pins. Keep it separate and closed like the xcal.

If there the least bit unhappy they can file a claim and hold your money. Hhgl-Joe

I filed a claim against the shipping program. They charged $66 to mail a small detector battery and then charged $20 import tax. Actual delivery cost would be $25 and no import tax. They were also late on delivery. EBay made it the sellers problem. The shipping program hid behind the seller during the dispute. PayPal decided the shipper should win the dispute. :laughing:

Sorry to hear about the little lady going poo on you there. Last time I shipped to ML in IL it was $23. Not sure why you had to pay so much for insurance. Some guys boast how good that machine is and use it full time. Personally I have not had that experience. Good on wet sand, real deep. In the water I can cover 100% more area in a hunt with my Excal though so in the water use the CTX has limits. Only one iron infested beach is where the CTX really shines with the ability to see next to iron. Otherwise I personally don't like it much. Want to buy a backup?? :laughing:

They could have used their headphone connector which is 6 pin to charge the battery and kept it all sealed. They only use 2 of those pins. Keep it separate and closed like the xcal.
Now that is a superb idea. :D Most guys are upgrading the gasket. There are thicker ones available which seem to end the worries. By the way, I had a display go bad on me 2 weeks after getting it back due to water damage. :laughing: Add me to the list.

Kellyco ships back Fedex and with $2000 insurance it is $21 and change..

That's why I'm hoping Whites comes out with a new water detector. When I sent my BHID in, they paid for shipping both ways and also paid me for the insurance I took out on it.

You guys just wait until your warranties are up... then ML is going to take your retirement monies to keep fixing this overpriced length of plastic and wires.. :lol: I'm glad I don't own one :yes:

You guys just wait until your warranties are up... then ML is going to take your retirement monies to keep fixing this overpriced length of plastic and wires.. :lol: I'm glad I don't own one :yes:

It hits almost 45% deeper then the gt...easy. And hits more because it has a faster processor I wish I got one in 2012.

I remember my gt days. Iwouldnt be digging much. I'd turn my head and those with the atx or ctx were finding targets all over. If I cashed my stuff in I paid for two or more...depending. I honestly feel as if I wasted lots of time.

Hhgl-Joe

Back
Top Bottom