Detector interference

Martyjoe

My friend just got an AT PRO and we picked up interference from each other’s machines. How do you avoid that?

You can change the frequency to help with interference. I'm not sure of the procedure on the PRO though.

My friend and I both hunt with CZ-21's. We stay at least 30' away from each othert. Don't want tgo be in each others space anyway. We know we are too close when our machine starts cross talking and just go a different direction underwater.

From the manual...

"The AT Pro is capable of operating at four slightly different frequencies in order to minimize the interference caused by electrical sources (e.g. power lines) or other metal detectors.

To adjust frequencies, hold down the PINPOINT button and press the (+) or (-) SENSITIVITY pushbuttons to change the frequency to find one with the least amount of interference. The frequency setting (F1–F4) will be indicated on the LCD. Release the PINPOINT button when finished. "

From the manual...

"The AT Pro is capable of operating at four slightly different frequencies in order to minimize the interference caused by electrical sources (e.g. power lines) or other metal detectors.

To adjust frequencies, hold down the PINPOINT button and press the (+) or (-) SENSITIVITY pushbuttons to change the frequency to find one with the least amount of interference. The frequency setting (F1–F4) will be indicated on the LCD. Release the PINPOINT button when finished. "

Good info, Thanks for sharing.

I ran into interference on my AT pro. I changed frequencies and it cleared right up. I didn't have to turn down the sensitivity.

Easiest thing to do is get farther apart. When my wife and I hunt we stay quite a distance apart to cover more ground.

Back
Top Bottom