New member From Northern Arizona

Tomshell

Greetings from Flagstaff,Arizona! My name is Tom and I am a frustrated wanna be metal detectorist for sure. I currently have a Micronta Discovery 2 and a Famous Trails MD-7012. Both top of the line units, for sure! Both yard sale finds,both work, and both cost less than 10 bucks each. HaHaHa.....Anyways, this is my 2nd or 3rd attempt to figure out how these damn things work, and I am really committed this time. I will be posting in a few looking for some help. Time to post and continue reading......

Welcome aboard from Northern California! I detected the flagstaff koa tot lot a year or so ago and that was fun! Didn't get it all, didn't have time...

Got some history there!

Welcome from southeast Missouri. I've explored tour area a few times, amazing country!! Sure wish I could get some of that glorious Mexican food at Salsa Brava!! Great stuff!!

..... I am a frustrated wanna be metal detectorist for sure. I currently have a Micronta Discovery 2 and a Famous Trails MD-7012. Both top of the line units, for sure!.......

Welcome from Salinas, CA. Both of those are bottom of the barrel big-box store (ie.: toy-store caliber) machines. However, 90% of good md'ing finds is a function of where you're hunting. So what I mean is: If you got to a virgin old site, and there are old coins just a few inches deep, then sure: Those would work. But if you're in for competitive or stingy sites, then you will get spanked by better machines.

But by "better machines", that too is a function of A) where your'e hunting, and B) your experience/skill with the machines. I've seen top-notch machines in the hands of beginners who ... if they're in lame or worked-out sites, then .... the machine sort of becomes a moot point.

Welcome from NC! We used to live in AZ (Phoenix) and loved heading out of town to northern AZ (Sedona, Willard Springs, Munds Park, Flag). Wish I was into detecting back then as we found some crazy old sites. Happy hunting!

Welcome from a former Arizona resident. I moved from Arizona back in 96 and now I live in the Buckeye state so once again hello and I hope you enjoy the hobby. I was just in Flagstaff the first week of June I have relatives that live in Phoenix take care

Back
Top Bottom