Ultra Thin Dime Sized Silver

Try this orientation, different date, of course.

picture.php

Please post new photos of the messed up acid coins. Front and back

After we over-did the acid. or before,, virgin? If it's after...we didn't take those.

I have all of the pics on my laptop. In focus, out of focus, just let me know the stage you want.

Lots of pics ;-)

Sorry, I was clearly seeing what the coin wasn't. Accept my apology. You have a great find! I can only compare the photos. You have the coin and a proven method of ID. Again, Great Find!

When I look back at post number 37, it is just amazing how well it brought out the details, almost impossible to believe!
Where did you get the acid? I have a couple slick silvers myself.

When I look back at post number 37, it is just amazing how well it brought out the details, almost impossible to believe!
Where did you get the acid? I have a couple slick silvers myself.

Got the new acid from a seller on Ebay, one for silver, one for 14k gold. It's meant purpose is to scratch silver on an included stone and put a drop in the scuff to see if it dissolves or if the red color goes murky. Using it like this is new for me.

Here are pics of a test I did on a Stander which had fair details. I think what is distracting is the hue it leaves on the coin. That color won't come off, it loses details if you try. Last pic shows that loss.

Attachments

• walker before fresh acid.jpg
    walker before fresh acid.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 124
  • walker fresh acid.jpg
    walker fresh acid.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Image104.jpg
    Image104.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 125
I don't post very often, and for this reason. I know and have hunted with both of these guys many times. Neither of them has any reason to lie about a find. Mike hunts any time he isn't working and will kill silver with his Explorer, Martin hunts day in and out, being retired helps. I have been with both when gnd and reat finds were made. Just my .02, but any doubting can stop or move on.

Thanks Roy. In all of the north Texas hunters I've known, you and Mike are the best old silver finders with these Minelabs. It's a unique skill. Why I put off going to FBS after several suggestions to do so, for so long, cost me many great finds over the years.

Mike and I really do push our physical limits detecting, winter or summer. Mike is relentless, I just try to keep up and learn. Mike has pulled may rabbits from the hat. He lets me check his signals and I stand and watch him dig deep silvers, in live digs. When he says, "I know it's a coin down there", it thickens the plot.

There was absolutely no reason he or I would throw a curve ball with the Seated results. Any dishonest person would logically do that deception with with a more logical coin type other than a Seated. I'm serious...I was just as shocked as anybody when that popped for a Seated. I would have wondered a lot too if I wasn't right there at each step.

Back
Top Bottom