repairs

coldmidget

i need help. i have whites duel field. my coil wire insulation is coming off . cant afford new coil. any ideas on repairs liquid tape?

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 501
First, I would try and put the thick outer jacket pieces back to their original form, then wrap the cable with quality electrical tape, 2-3 inches above and below the damaged area.

Then get some thick sports tape and wrap it making a bulge where it rubs the most.

Next, get some small wire ties and put a half dozen on the cable where it rubs so it does not touch the twist clamp, cut off excess wire tie.

Lastly, I would file down the twist clamp edge/threads a bit to make it smoother where it rubs the cable.

If not done correct you will continue to have issues from time to time and .....

the long term problem is if not fixed correct ............ sooner or later water will weep into the control box and we know electronics and water don't do well when mixed. I can't tell you how many times I have seen this and it will kill a machine....

My suggestion is cut the cable (find out how many leads you have then order new cable thru McMaster Carr) and replace as much as you can even if you have to start at the Main board...

https://www.mcmaster.com/multipurpose-wire/wire-and-cable/number-of-wires~4/control-cable-6/

Covering the whole cable with liquid rubber shouldn't hurt. You could always apply a second coat if needed. Some other products might have metal in them. You can always apply more liquid rubber if it wears through or gets damaged.

Wrapped it with electric tape then liquid taped apples 3 coats of liquid tape.wil look into new cable

Replace the cable like OBN says but use heat shrink tubing that has hot melt glue covering the interior, which helps resist water intrusion. If you research it, you will find some guys that make the old>new connection right at the base of the coil, then make a 1” or so dam to encase the connection in resin. This would be the ultimate.

then make a 1” or so dam to encase the connection in resin. This would be the ultimate.

not sure what u mean ? i got heat shrink part (understand)

Cable can be purchased at McMaster Carr

This is the best way, other then a new coil..and it should be soldered to the main board........... then to the coil like pictured. Take it from me I hunt (In the Water) and I did repair..Micky mouse repairs like coating with this or wrapping with that is not going to cut it...they are temporary fixes that could cost his machine if the water should weep up to the main control box or weep into the coil itself..Good Luck

Attachments

• OBN0050.jpg
    OBN0050.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 326
  • OBN0004 (2).jpg
    OBN0004 (2).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 304
  • OBN0049.jpg
    OBN0049.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 299
  • OBN0051 (2).jpg
    OBN0051 (2).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 301
  • cable for coil repair.jpg
    cable for coil repair.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 304
This is the best way, other then a new coil..and it should be soldered to the main board........... then to the coil like pictured. Take it from me I hunt (In the Water) and I did repair..Micky mouse repairs like coating with this or wrapping with that is not going to cut it...they are temporary fixes that could cost his machine if the water should weep up to the main control box or weep into the coil itself..Good Luck

thx

Back
Top Bottom