garrett gti 2500

I have only used it once, and only for a few minutes, so take my opinion for what it is. The only real thing I can tell you about it is that it is heavy compared to the other 2 mds I have used: at pro and ace 250. Other than that I don't know much about it having used it for such a short amount of time a few yrs ago. Others will be able to tell you more about it I am sure.

HH and GL

I had a Garrett GTP 1350 which is identical to the 2500(as far as design) and I will tell you that it is a heavy machine and uses alot of AA batteries. It was a good machine as far as finding the "good stuff"(some silver and a couple rings) but gets heavier the longer you swing it. I sold because after having shoulder surgery, it became a little to painful for me to swing.

You don't hear a lot about these, which is weird as it's supposed to be Garrett's flagship model... :shrug: I guess they make up for it with the Ace/At Pro line and the propointer....

I've been using an older model 2500 for fourteen months now. It's the only machine I've used, so I have nothing to compare it to.

I like that I can do a lot of my own settings. I don't tweak much but if I need to, or think I need to, it's there. I like that it has multiple discrimination modes; I can flip between any two with just a push of a button. Depth seems to be pretty good, showing large targets at 12 to 14 inches; my deepest coin was around seven. There's really no way to know if I'm missing deeper coins. I really like the display screen that indicates size and depth; saves a ton of digging.

The 2500 is kind of heavy, but after more than a year of using it I now have guns :laughing: Clipping to battery pack to my waistband makes the machine a lot lighter. My batteries last a pretty long time, going over a month with several hours of use almost every single day.

I think the processor can be slow. The machine seems to have a hard time discing out corroded small iron (TONS of it where I search) and it often can't make up its mind. I have found ways around this, but there are days when it seems to require more swinging over a target to decide. But I don't know if other machines are likewise, so take it fwiw.

Coins are easily identified. My signals on coins are steady and if they bounce it's a steady bounce, for example my LCs bounce between penny and quarter. Big huge bounces mean junk. But sometimes a good coin signal will be a piece of old rusty nail or wire. Also, the nice little coin 'bing' sound comes on junk as well as coins and sometimes coins 'boop' rather than 'bing'.

From what I've read on this forum, many machines are auditory, where you have to rely on your ears to discern targets. I feel like the 2500 is visual, with the display screen. But I haven't really explored the all metal mode, so maybe that makes a difference.

I think the 2500 is pretty easy to learn, it just takes a little bit of observation and digging everything for a while to figure it out. I'm still digging everything in the middle of the display because I haven't found any jewelry and am not gonna take the chance of passing it up. Once I find some, I'll know what it looks like on my machine. I've not searched off the farm here, and I don't think anyone who ever lived here was bling type people, so not finding it doesn't surprise me.

My machine is an older model that I bought used but I haven't had many problems with it. It didn't come with a manual or CD, but an email to Garrett fixed that right up. A couple months ago I broke the plastic nut that holds the coil on, and when I called Garrett to buy a replacement they sent me without charge. Being able to count on great customer service is wonderful.

The 2500 can have the box detector fitted to it which seems to make it a much deeper target hound...it may cross more then your willing to dig but it does seem to offer a whole new sector for use.

There is a small informational video on kellyco's website for it if that helps....i know its not as light as the at pro but the at pro doesnt have the deep search coil option

I have one of the older 2500's. While a heavy detector compared to others I have, it balances out well and feels lighter than my XLT. I don't know if it is or not. I have found three silver coins since I've had it, one the second time I used it. I switch detectors often so three is prettry good. It is about the only detector that I have that will skip over bottle caps which is the main problem in the park that I hunt. Being able to know that it is a large object at twelve inches saves me a lot of needless digging. I have found the target indicator to be pretty accurate. My older model has the voice mode and talks to me so I have company when hunting alone. I'm finding that I use it more and more lately. It has some features that remind me of my Ace 250, and Steve, it's green, not yellow and you can adjust the volume and the tone.

Back
Top Bottom