Gold Chain...

POW! nice piece,,,,,,sweet buttery yellow,,,,,that is a fantastic day all considering,,,,,,Red Tide, no people,,,,,,,Connie gonna take that one,,,,:laughing:and 4 rings?,,,,,dang man, glad I wasn't there to see all that,,,,,,those are days that are rare on our beaches for sure,,,,,big congrats Dew
The Xcal is hard to beat,,,,Not that there are not finds showing up with the Nox but from I can see, the Xcal is still king,,,,,,GL HH

I should have taken the picture in my hand. Its really a very small chain..... my guess before i weighed it was about a gram by its looks. That why i posted it because it was so small..... just to show the Xcals no slouch on chains either.

There just isnt a lot of difference in what these machines will find in the water. You can air test or use a test garden all day long...... but until you put it in the salt water thats the real test. I still love the Xcal in PP mode out there. It may not get the tiny tiny stuff...... but you aint missing much in PP. Id also forgotten how loud it is over a target. The Xcal i used yesterday is much deeper in PP mode so there were targets i had to remove some sand before disc would even hear them. NO BOTTLE CAPS dug. Just a smooth swoosh as it moved thru the water unless it went over something. To me........ the Xcals still king out there.

I don't care what anyone says,,,,shallow chains, the xcal WILL pick up,,,,,even with no charm, they will hit the clasp and spring if they are big enough,,,,,,it has been a year for chains,,,,,just wish I had more time to get a couple more this year,,,,:(GL HH

Been a odd year Mud..... gotten more high K gold than any year past. Im hoping the trend continues. Even got one 24K ring...... never seen one before.

Nice work!

Congrats.

If I were you, I would take that clasp, and tag off and see if you can set it up to hit better. Even take just a piece of bare chain aside before scrapping it.. My pirate test garden is just that.. I have a couple pieces of chain and other small pieces that are my "test garden".

<°)))>{

DF..... no a PI doesnt have to process a signal and uses a diff method which isnt as affected by minerals. However..... we dont have much mineralization here in Fl so they maybe a couple of inches. But a lot of times if we are sanded in 2"wont make a difference. ..or u may hit virgin sand with a lot of trash.

:dingding: Lovely chain and hunt! I don't know why you wouldn't take the beer ...it was 5 O'clock there! :lol:

Dew, congrats that is a great hunt! love that high K yellow- and I love that the excal found it- still don't feel as confident with the nox. Like you said OBN's PP sweet!

Wow, very nice!! You gotta love the excal all modded out. I dont have a Nox...yet BUT the excal will always be my go to machine. Congrats on the finds.

I had forgotten how loud my headphones are on the Xcal. All things become equal in the Salt water. Nox is a good machine.... but there are things i like about both the Xcal and CTX. Now....... if i could have a Nox.... with PP like the Xcal..... and the smartscreen of the CTX..... i might just be a little happier.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom