Labor Day Sinker

Nick93023

Forum Supporter
Most of the Southern Coast has been sanded in and little surf. Yesterday I figured I would go out anyways and try a local beach that is usually popular among Holiday weekends. I ended up finding this heavy little pendant in the shallow surf. It was dark when I recovered it and I thought it was a fake earing last night so I didn't think anything of it. This morning I was looking at it and realized it was gold, unmarked, but held at 18k. 22k is iffy, but possible. I need to get an electronic gold testing unit. Well because it was dark and I thought it was an earring I did not thoroughly grid the area. This is a PENDANT and there is probably a chain somewhere!!! &^%! The beach gave up a few coins and some damaged Ray Ban frames.

705170f9-6217-4ba7-b97b-0e34549c6576-original.jpg

Well thats an odd looking piece. Nice score and maybe those stones might be worth something too? Either way congrats on the gold!

It is odd looking and you're right, it looks like it may have included a pair of gems. Nice piece of scrap right there.

R5

Well thats an odd looking piece. Nice score and maybe those stones might be worth something too? Either way congrats on the gold!
It is very strange. I was thing India Indian. I checked with a jeweler and he stated that the stones were not worth much.

It is odd looking and you're right, it looks like it may have included a pair of gems. Nice piece of scrap right there.
R5

The stones are on the scale under the most important part (weight) :laughing:

Nice and heavy, WTG! I've never seen anything like that one. Congrats!

Thank you! I am pretty excited about it!

:dingding: That's some nice weight on high K - great find!

Nice job finding the high K gold.
Cant help but think, who the heck would have wanted that ugly thing as jewelry?

It is very strange. I was thing India Indian. I checked with a jeweler and he stated that the stones were not worth much.

and then he offered to buy them... Odd that they put !!!! stones in a really nice high K gold piece. What did he say about the stones? What type of gem are they?

BCD

:dingding: That's some nice weight on high K - great find!

Thanks Felix! My first significant high k.

Now that is very interesting looking! Congrats on the big gold and, yes, have those gems checked out! :yes:

I will get a second opinion on them.

Nice job finding the high K gold.
Cant help but think, who the heck would have wanted that ugly thing as jewelry?

It is very ugly!! This will go into the melt pile.

Interesting piece you have there, but it's gold and that's what matters. :)

No complaints!

and then he offered to buy them... Odd that they put !!!! stones in a really nice high K gold piece. What did he say about the stones? What type of gem are they?

BCD

Haha no, he seemed honest. He said he would only be interested in the gold. One is an amber and the other he wasn't sure about, but it looked like it had moss in it.

Most of the Southern Coast has been sanded in and little surf. Yesterday I figured I would go out anyways and try a local beach that is usually popular among Holiday weekends. I ended up finding this heavy little pendant in the shallow surf. It was dark when I recovered it and I thought it was a fake earing last night so I didn't think anything of it. This morning I was looking at it and realized it was gold, unmarked, but held at 18k. 22k is iffy, but possible. I need to get an electronic gold testing unit. Well because it was dark and I thought it was an earring I did not thoroughly grid the area. This is a PENDANT and there is probably a chain somewhere!!! &^%! The beach gave up a few coins and some damaged Ray Ban frames.

705170f9-6217-4ba7-b97b-0e34549c6576-original.jpg

Congrats on a unique find. Lets hope the 22K holds!

Never had much faith in those electronic testers. From what I've been told they'll false ID plated gold and the like as it all works through conductivity. Perhaps others had better experiences with them.

Back
Top Bottom