A Little Gold- A Lot of Silver!

Equinox

Mind if I try and learn a few things from your experience?
Was this wet sand, up to your knees hunting or further up, out of the water most of the time?
What were the key things you had set wrong earlier with the Equinox? I think I have been running mine too hot. Backing off on Sensitivity seems to leave the better targets and hide the smaller junkier ones. But when you were hunting I was still finding more bottlecaps in the water than I ever had with any other detector. Nothing like the week earlier.

I don't know if these are the best settings but these are what I used hunting in the wet sand:
Beach 1
Tracking ground balance
1 tone (high tone)
Recovery Speed- 5
Iron bias- 0
Sensitivity- 20 plus- had to back off sensitivity in heavy black sand areas.

More questions

What made you settle on recovery 5? Isn’t it a bit fast on targets, making them easy to miss? I wasn’t normally coming across multiple adjacent targets where better target separation was needed and if Sensitivity is cranked I’d miss targets. Beach1 was so much more full of small target noise and bleeping on the waves. Beach2 was much quieter for me - what has you prefering Beach1?
Please keep the reports coming - good to see someone local getting good stuff!

Update: tried beach1 vs2 today. Beach1 I have to back the Sensitivity pretty far off, like 17, to stop false "1" targets. If I then switch to beach2 I lose depth but can boost the Sensitivity back up to like 23 to get it back. Starting to get the hang of it. This time out I noticed a modulation on foil low number targets. Got a kimono watch, 14k small ring, pair of huge earrings, and a thin gold chain. But I was hunting for 6 hours...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom