XP Deus Lite Observations!

pigEye

I have been acclimating to the Deus Lite for the past few weeks. I am running a pure sound setup, no visual tids allowed! I will list below a few of the things I have noticed about the deus lite in a pure sound environment.

*** Remember, These are strictly Deus Lite 9" Observations! ***

1. Full tones all sound the same, more or less, at fading edge depth. Shallow to middling, there are some low/high tonal differences, but not enough to justify running one set of tones for this, and another set for that.

2. 4 tones seems to have the best overall consistency from shallow to deep.

3. 12khz tends to more uniformly light up all U.S. coins.

4. By running a hot Deus Fast Program with manual GB, Sens 95+, Disc 54, 12khz, 4 tone, I can hear a break in nickels, that you otherwise cannot hear in square tabs, or beaver tails... and still get a whisper at 8" on a dime in my test bed (also known as the proving grounds)!

Yeah, I still get fooled quite a bit by odd things mimicking coins, but the gap is closing on those junk targets more and more as I keep running thru the test bed.

I'm still up in the air if I will purchase the Remote Control at some point in the future. 8" on an in-the-ground dime is pretty sweet. And in 4 tone, it is a nice, clear high tone, no mistaking it!

glad to see you putting it to the test.if you could bump the reactivty to 2 on that Program would be interesting to see what happens.

I have been acclimating to the Deus Lite for the past few weeks. I am running a pure sound setup, no visual tids allowed! I will list below a few of the things I have noticed about the deus lite in a pure sound environment.

*** Remember, These are strictly Deus Lite 9" Observations! ***

1. Full tones all sound the same, more or less, at fading edge depth. Shallow to middling, there are some low/high tonal differences, but not enough to justify running one set of tones for this, and another set for that.

2. 4 tones seems to have the best overall consistency from shallow to deep.

3. 12khz tends to more uniformly light up all U.S. coins.

4. By running a hot Deus Fast Program with manual GB, Sens 95+, Disc 54, 12khz, 4 tone, I can hear a break in nickels, that you otherwise cannot hear in square tabs, or beaver tails... and still get a whisper at 8" on a dime in my test bed (also known as the proving grounds)!

Yeah, I still get fooled quite a bit by odd things mimicking coins, but the gap is closing on those junk targets more and more as I keep running thru the test bed.

I'm still up in the air if I will purchase the Remote Control at some point in the future. 8" on an in-the-ground dime is pretty sweet. And in 4 tone, it is a nice, clear high tone, no mistaking it!

If you could get with another Deus user in person,,,they could load up some programs (settings wise) that would help you.

I've been using full tones since I purchased in March and its been working great for me. It seems like a completely different machine to me when I try 2/3/4/5 tone. I started with a Lite but quickly got a remote. Not necessary but a welcome addition especially when coin shooting

I have used full tones since I started with the Deus also. By the way, I call my test garden "Area 51". :D

Love full tones. Lots of info there. What are you running your volume at? I run mine at 4 so I get the proportional audio for good guess on depth.

At some point in the future I may get the upgrade to a controller, but Lite is working out great for me right now.

Back
Top Bottom