Deus users hunting sites riddled with iron and nails

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
A lot of Deus users after they become somewhat proficient with their units,,may indeed settle on running full tones using 0 disc.

This btw is a great way to disect such a site and find the nonferrous targets.

I do recommend though,,,if a person has hunted a site using full tones and 0 disc,,,and if they found some nonferrous finds in a site,,,,try the following and rehunt the site.

You may be surprised.

The Deus when in full tones using 0 disc,,,will sound off on all detectable targets both nonferrous and ferrous (detectable).

But the problem is,,,a person will likely not hear all the nonferrous targets (tonally) to identify and stop and dig.

Lots of times some targets (especially lower conductors) will sound off very close to iron tone signal,,and be missed.

Now running O disc will make the Deus separate/unmask the best,,,,but with all the tones being provided on all the bits and pieces of ferrous,,,,nonferrous will likely be missed.

If a person is using a 9" coil,,,try the following,,raise disc to level 2.5 and runs full tones.

As far as separation/ unmasking,,,differences here vs 0 disc extremely small.
My experiences show,,extremely rare to find a target using 0 disc,,and not be able to hear using disc level 2.5..actually what me be witnessed is the contrary,,meaning the signal more distinguishable using 2.5 disc vs 0.

So when you raise your disc to 2.5... You turn your Deus into more of what I call an isolator of targets.

What does this mean???

While running full tones said 2.5 using 9" coil,,,the smaller bits of ferrous will not sound off,,,bigger nails and iron will though.

So when running 2.5 disc,,,every hit can be investigated,,some will no doubt be full sized nails and bigger iron,,and will be exposed by the way tone Sounds and reacts when coil is passed over priced from various angles.

An op is likely though to latch on to a target,,,sounds closer to iron,,,but doesn't have the raspy sound to it,,,more steady,,,at first hearing this an op likely to think iron,,,after a person digs a few of these,,,you will understand what I am trying to tell you here.

Meter readings,,forget these as an op is likely to see anything in the window to include 00 ( not a typo either).

Those signals that seem to be consistent,,,more steady sounding without sudden rise and fall in pitch--- these are the ones that are extremely challenging the Deus,,,but are providing signals.

A person can also do head to head by finding with disc level 2.5 full tones,,and then run disc to 0 and listen and vice versa.

To close here,,,,folks wanting to run say 2 or 3 tones with a more conventional disc settings like 6.0-7,,, all I can say is you are leaving nonferrous finds behind in your sites.

Key frequecy to use in such sites=18khz btw

nice post!

I am hoping since I don't have a camera,,,you in the future can actually show with your camera work some of the things I've talked about as far as Deus.

I know you will,,,as you advance with Deus,,,you'll start spotting probably things I've not even seen or if I have haven't put 2 and 2 together.

Also I should mention,,,for those folks wanting to run O disc and full tones.

In milder soil this may or may not be an issue,,,but at least in medium mineralized,,,I suspect higher levels as well,,,,running 0 disc using 9" coil works pretty good,,,but if you try this with 11" coil,,an op,likely to experience some ground feedback,,,if this happens,,,raise disc to between 2-3.5 and try,,,this should get rid of the ground feedback,,,and even with disc settings this high,,,you still are holding a deadly beast for separation in iron.

just to add...im using 11" and to a site loaded with iron it is very challenging specially if there are debries/stubble when sweeping.
from another famous site, i read about lowering the Disc to 2.8 and i found it helpfull to my style of hunting. Using Full Tones, i found out that big rustly objects/nails sound good (high tones) but i notice the Pitch Changes. there is a big difference in pitch to a good target say piece of copper may it be junk copper wire or a relic made of copper. so, i watch out to that slight changes of pitch in sound. if it rise and fall tonally - i will leave it alone even if it is a high tone.
- is this what you mean TN?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

just to add...im using 11" and to a site loaded with iron it is very challenging specially if there are debries/stubble when sweeping.
from another famous site, i read about lowering the Disc to 2.8 and i found it helpfull to my style of hunting. Using Full Tones, i found out that big rustly objects/nails sound good (high tones) but i notice the Pitch Changes. there is a big difference in pitch to a good target say piece of copper may it be junk copper wire or a relic made of copper. so, i watch out to that slight changes of pitch in sound. if it rise and fall tonally - i will leave it alone even if it is a high tone.
- is this what you mean TN?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I read your post. Trying to follow.

I can say this,,,I have a deep target buried coin,,my Deus hits it using either 11" or 9" coil,,,9" coil needs a little different settings to hit vs 11" coil.

But here is what is strange.

If I listen closely using full tones,, using 0 disc,,tone sounds off,,,,but if I raise disc to 2.5 and sweep the coin the tone is a little higher pitch.

What I said previously about running say 2.5 disc using full tones,,,hunting polluted sites with iron,,,,with this 2.5 disc setting,,,,this will eliminate a lot of smaller pieces of nails w d iron,,,, what is left over will be iron bits and nail bots that are larger--- hence tones produced fewer,,,meaning what items in the ground that do produce tones,,,,operator can study each and every one of them.

Now some of these targets heard with 2.5 disc will obviously be larger iron and will be heard giving the rolling low tone as the coil passes,,,some iron bits will give what I call hard " iron fault" tone,,,,these likely to read 04,05,06 in the meter ( although don't base any no dig decision on meter),,and then there will be targets the coil,passes over,,,,where they are not hard low tones,,,or tones where the Deus coil passes over bigger iron,,more like a Low rolling sound,,,,but these target will provide a more steady somewhat lower tone,,,not higher clean hit sounding,,,will repeat on many coil,sweeps with good coil management over suspect area. If a person rotates around suspect area and sweeps,, tone on suspect area my or may not disappear.

Meter readings on such targets usually very low,,like 00,01,02,03,04.

Tone can sound a little numb,,will have no grunt,,be somewhat steady across its spectrum.

Now,,it is possible to dig some iron,,,sometimes a bigger chunk of iron,,bent square nail,,,these can fool Deus.

But I have found,,,when in 200 year old plus sites loaded with nails and iron,,if a person will be persistent and listen close,,,,creep coil around,,and keep hunting,,the nonferrous goods will come to light.

Now,,a person can actually find some of the partially masked finds using disc level say 6.0 and multi tones,,,but some finds will not be had by user by doing--- lower disc will allow Deus to separate unmask a bit better,,,in conjunction with full tones.

Folks need to remember,,,even Deus version 2.0 didn't offer full tones application,,,so running low disc like 0 thru say 3.0,,, would have been awfully hard to do,,,without digging a ton of nails and iron bits--- yes good finds could have been had,,,but many more holes dug would have been necessary.

Trying to describe this tone provided on theses targets that are extremely challenging to Deus is hard to do.

A person with camera could do,,,would have to hit a few targets and cvodeo.

Maybe I will try to see if I can find where someone has indeed video and placed on you tube.

For these ferrous polluted sites,,,key settings to watch,,,18khz, tx power 1 or 2, reactivity 2,3, or 4,,,silencer -1,, sens 80-95,,audio report 4-6,,,full tones,,disc level 0-3.5.

The other freqs used on Deus,,,can a person use these in sites loaded with iron and nails and make some finds?? Yep

But make no mistake,,in these type sites,,the highest freq 18khz,,,is the one and only trump card for separation and unmasking in these kind of sites.

Now some of these targets heard with 2.5 disc will obviously be larger iron and will be heard giving the rolling low tone as the coil passes,,,some iron bits will give what I call hard " iron fault" tone,,,,these likely to read 04,05,06 in the meter ( although don't base any no dig decision on meter),,and then there will be targets the coil,passes over,,,,where they are not hard low tones,,,or tones where the Deus coil passes over bigger iron,,more like a Low rolling sound,,,,but these target will provide a more steady somewhat lower tone,,,not higher clean hit sounding,,,will repeat on many coil,sweeps with good coil management over suspect area. If a person rotates around suspect area and sweeps,, tone on suspect area my or may not disappear.

Meter readings on such targets usually very low,,like 00,01,02,03,04.

Tone can sound a little numb,,will have no grunt,,be somewhat steady across its spectrum.

Now,,it is possible to dig some iron,,,sometimes a bigger chunk of iron,,bent square nail,,,these can fool Deus.

But I have found,,,when in 200 year old plus sites loaded with nails and iron,,if a person will be persistent and listen close,,,,creep coil around,,and keep hunting,,the nonferrous goods will come to light.

Now,,a person can actually find some of the partially masked finds using disc level say 6.0 and multi tones,,,but some finds will not be had by user by doing--- lower disc will allow Deus to separate unmask a bit better,,,in conjunction with full tones.

Trying to describe this tone provided on theses targets that are extremely challenging to Deus is hard to do.

For these ferrous polluted sites,,,key settings to watch,,,18khz, tx power 1 or 2, reactivity 2,3, or 4,,,silencer -1,, sens 80-95,,audio report 4-6,,,full tones,,disc level 0-3.5.

The other freqs used on Deus,,,can a person use these in sites loaded with iron and nails and make some finds?? Yep

But make no mistake,,in these type sites,,the highest freq 18khz,,,is the one and only trump card for separation and unmasking in these kind of sites.

regarding that rotating around the target - yes that is also true, i can ID it if it is iron or not. the sound maybe high but as i pass down to its edge there will be grunt or it maybe broken.

i will also point out that i'm using a garrett headset (personally i like it) - the sound produced by the deus headset (not the WS4) is different than the garrett stereo headset

thank you for this great tip again if you can upload a more clarifying video on your channel regarding this topic i will surely watch it or maybe calabash can do it as he is so proactive on the Deus.

i will keep it in mind coz i have just the right site - an 1800 boarding house that was just demolished. the curb strip to this house where i found my 1st walker yesterday. :)

regarding that rotating around the target - yes that is also true, i can ID it if it is iron or not. the sound maybe high but as i pass down to its edge there will be grunt or it maybe broken.

i will also point out that i'm using a garrett headset (personally i like it) - the sound produced by the deus headset (not the WS4) is different than the garrett stereo headset

thank you for this great tip again if you can upload a more clarifying video on your channel regarding this topic i will surely watch it or maybe calabash can do it as he is so proactive on the Deus.

i will keep it in mind coz i have just the right site - an 1800 boarding house that was just demolished. the curb strip to this house where i found my 1st walker yesterday. :)

Right on,,,the full ws5 Deus wireless,,,,I DON'T like the pitch of the high tones they produce,,,ws4 is better,,the .Vance headphones are very good too pitch wise.

b5c4a274b85c1b44a2c029695c5790f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I've tried bumping the disc up to around 2.5 while using full tones but I don't like all the clicks and pops of iron trying to break through. I prefer 0 disc or enough disc to eliminate all that clipped sounding chatter. Usually around 6

Back
Top Bottom