gonna order the "Garrett Carrot"...

gunwolf

Elite Member
I have always used the garrett propointers... the old ones used to false a lot and I even wore one out completely( button).
so now I am using the Propointer II and having issues with it after just a month, it turns on and off great, but it works intermittently ... sometimes it chirps and vibrates real slow, or not at all... and sometimes it works great!
Out with a fellow hunter and he witnessed my moody propointer in action...
and before you ask... yes it has a fresh battery...
so I'm gonna order the AT propointer this week, anyone ever have issues with the orange carrot?

Have you thought about the whites TRX ? I have one and a carrot. What I love about the TRX is it Pin Points off the tip. As apposed to the whole shaft. Point it straight down and that is where you are pin pointing. I am not bashing the carrot as it to is a great pin pointer. But I have dug many holes deep just to find the coin on it's side in the side of the hole. And now the TRX is water proof as is the carrot.

My propointer II falses a fair amount also. My hunting buddy got a carrot about 2 months ago and so far he hasnt had any issues with it. So far so good with carrot for him

I have the carrot and the TRX. Both are good pointers. I have not had any problems with either pointer. I like the TRX better for reasons stated above but it does not feel as solid as the carrot. Both are top of the line as far as I am concerned.

I actually like that the Carrot has the full bar scan. If you haven't tested it, a coin that is on edge will PP in the middle of the bar at the same depth as one that is flat will from the tip. It also allows me to find near surface finds quickly by sweeping it vs messing with trying to pinpoint it with my detector.

BCD

I've had zero issues with my Garrett carrot. Since I knew beforehand of the "tip issues" I used one of the rubber caps that came extra with my Deteknix pinpointer.

It's a Garrett. They may have had a few bad ones but the Garrett is the industry standard for a reason.

I actually like that the Carrot has the full bar scan. If you haven't tested it, a coin that is on edge will PP in the middle of the bar at the same depth as one that is flat will from the tip. It also allows me to find near surface finds quickly by sweeping it vs messing with trying to pinpoint it with my detector.

BCD

X2

Back
Top Bottom