Fisher F22, to high sens haywire?

Robban98422

Hi!

am new to this hobby, and have only been out 4 times with my machine,

a standard Fisher F22, dont even know what coil am using, it is called "teardrop" i think.

eitherway, when iam in a big open field with no houses or powerlines near me, i cant set the sens above 8, if i do its going crazy and show me hits with no depth?

Tried it at the beach also, had to set the sense down to about 6 and did not found so much at the beach at tall

iam doing something wrong :)?

or do i need a machine with "ground balance" ?

Not sure the problem. My old F22 would run very stable at max sensitivity. Try reconnecting the coil. You may just be trying to hunt in areas of high EMI like powerlines and such.

Ground balance is not your problem if you get the noise with the coil in the air. In this case it id interference (emi) or a problem with the coil or machine.

If all the noise is when you are actually sweeping the coil, then GB might be the problem.

If the noise is from EMI, you should get different levels of noise at different locations.

Is you coil cable tightly fastened to the shaft, or does it flop around while you're sweeping the ground?

A loose coil cable can cause all kinds of strange things to occur.

Check all the basics like the Brothers mentioned...cables etc...drop in fresh batteries and do a "factory reset"...set your rig at 'half sens' and drop some coins on the ground and give it a sweep...if its hitting them, nice and crisp at about 6" then cool...you dont really need to run full sens to find things anyway..

Lots of things can be going on...Your rig my be perfectly fine, but EMI, running too hot a sens for the conditions, time of day even, incoming lightening storms, all affect your sensitive machine...seems the World gets more 'Noisy' as the Sun comes up and moves around into the afternoon..early morning is the 'quietest' time to hunt when you can run your rig 'hotter' than normal...

I rarely run my F70 over 'half sens' and find more than I can handle..setting it up right for an accurate understanding as to what its saying is the key...I've never run it max sens...not once, going on 7 yrs...I cant handle the chatter...
Mud

are you carrying a cell phone with you.Some times my f44 will nut up if I have mine with me turn it off seems to settle it down...hope this helps.

Thanks for your inputs guys and girls? :)

I did had my phone with also a girl with a phone and prov jewelry to..

And it was a really sunna day, so many things is gooing on here.

Gonna switch to new batteries take away my
Phone and make sure no rings or jewelry comes near :)

Also reconnected the coil, and i noticed that you cant "screw" it all the way in i bit of metal will always be showing,

Must be a fault from factory? Anyone more got this on thier f22?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Also reconnected the coil, and i noticed that you cant "screw" it all the way in i bit of metal will always be showing,

Must be a fault from factory? Anyone more got this on thier f22?

I have the F2 made by the same company. Since they are made by the same company I'm going to assume the same connector type. If it's one complaint I have about the F2 is that connector collar is a pain to get tight. Using the finger tip from a latex glove helps. When mine it tight I still see a couple of threads showing.

is this correct?

i cant seem to get it tighter then this ?

Attachments

• d451c0ff-6179-4a3d-a72b-1ca6860e7af5.jpg
    d451c0ff-6179-4a3d-a72b-1ca6860e7af5.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,031
Looks like they improved the connection on the F22. My first thought was it looks like a lot of threads are showing. However, this is from the manual.

Connect CABLE PLUG to housing.
Do not twist the Cable or Plug. Turn Locking Ring only. Use minimal finger
pressure to start the threads. Do not cross-thread. When the Locking Ring is
fully engaged over the threaded connector, give it a firm turn to make sure it is
very tight. When the Locking Ring is fully engaged over the threaded connector,
it may not cover all of the threads.

My way of making the cable connection is to slide the collar back on the connector (plug). It may only move a little bit. Then insert the connector into the receptacle ensuring it's seated all the way. Then I slide the collar over the threads and tighten. I did re-check my connection and it was a tiny bit loose. My plug does cover all of the threads on the receptacle.

is this correct?

i cant seem to get it tighter then this ?

That looks ok, Mine looks just like that tightened all the way, can still see quite a few threads. I would back the sens. down till it runs stable, 6 is the factory pre set and should work ok for you, every once in a while when your at different locations try bumping it back up.

I have a detector, while not the fisher if the batteries get under about half charge it goes nuts like what you are describing, put in fresh batteries and boom it settles right down, I just keep those half charged batteries and run them in my pinpointers and such.

I've got the same detector. Cellphone was making it beep like mad put in airplane mode. Make sure it's plugged in all the way! Sometimes it may feel like it is but you can plug it in just that little bit more. All my problems went away when I shut the cellphone off.

Back
Top Bottom