Pro-Pointer AT Battery life?

stumble

The Eveready battery that came with my Pro-Pointer AT lasted less than an hour of use. What kind of battery life can be expected with a new higher quality battery?

I was getting good life out Duracell coppertop or energizers before I switched to rechargeable battery. now I just recharge after a weekend or a few evening hunts. I can tell when it starts getting low as it gets a little quieter long be fore I get the low batt signal.

Mine has done really good with Energizer and Duracell batteries. I put a new one in this spring and the one I took out was put in mid summer last year. I checked the voltage and the battery I took out was still showing over 8 volts. I don't detect as much as some but it had at least 5-6 hours a week on it clear through winter.

I have the same question. I've been through about 4 duracells in maybe a couple hours use. Think I'm going to contact Garrett and send it in??

Buy my batteries at Radio Shack and I go months between switching them.

But always carry a backup with you.

WOW!..i use duracell or energizer and i find if im not adamant about shutting it off ,say after i dig a plug and realize I need to dig deeper.... it dies pretty quick..
maybe i should just leave it on once i cut the plug even if i need to dig more dirt out...i guess batteries are easier than having the switch go bad...

outa curiousity, has any one heard of the new garrett AT PP buttons failing?

I wonder if you can use lithium batteries in them..I do know alkaline batteries brand to brand vary allot far as carrying a load...duracell and energizer seem the best I have used.

I wonder if you can use lithium batteries in them..I do know alkaline batteries brand to brand vary allot far as carrying a load...duracell and energizer seem the best I have used.

I get my new pointer tomorrow and have a 9v lithium battery ready to install.
Will let you guys know how it handles, it's much more expensive so we'll see.

My new PP II came about 2 months ago... I have turned it on and off at least a few thousand times.. and I'm still on the original energizer it came with... I can tell by the vibration and tone if it needs replacing. great... now that I said this it will happen next time out !:lol: I keep a spare brand new battery taped to my cuff on my E-trac so I won't have to walk all the way back to the truck!;)

I also only run mine in the vibrate setting, so that may extend the battery life.

Back
Top Bottom