Ctx or atx for beach only hunting?.

Dark Chameleon

Elite Member
Which one for each only hunting?.

I have the at pro right now but want the ctx3030 or atx for beach hunting, this is florida and I'm on the coast now so which one, I know the pi should make the atx undisriminating but is the ctx a half hour of setting worth it.

I know the 2016 ctx has the saltwater setting and extra safety for the rings...and the atx has the depth and ease of transport ....so which is best or is it personal choice?.

Tried the ATX and while very sensitive (digging the leg of staples) the pivot point of the coil makes it too hard to use in the water and even keeping flat on the sand.
I have the CTX and works well, does have a lot of drag in the water and really use the excal in the water.

If you just want a beach/water machine the excel is cheaper and a might be a better choice

Tried the ATX and while very sensitive (digging the leg of staples) the pivot point of the coil makes it too hard to use in the water and even keeping flat on the sand.
I have the CTX and works well, does have a lot of drag in the water and really use the excal in the water.

If you just want a beach/water machine the excel is cheaper and a might be a better choice

I'm with you on this. If you are dedicating it for the beach an Excal would be my go-to!

I have both

Which one for each only hunting?.

I have the at pro right now but want the ctx3030 or atx for beach hunting, this is florida and I'm on the coast now so which one, I know the pi should make the atx undisriminating but is the ctx a half hour of setting worth it.

I know the 2016 ctx has the saltwater setting and extra safety for the rings...and the atx has the depth and ease of transport ....so which is best or is it personal choice?.

Running special discounts on Beach Detectors
When you have decided give me a call
dennis

Running special discounts on Beach Detectors
When you have decided give me a call
dennis

You are actually where i got my at pro from and it is a great machine, never had a problem with it, or the gpp or the other coil....that's the best kind of recommendation I can think of, and the fact lived I holiston mass at the time so you were just a few miles drive away.

I would get the excal or the CTX. I have had both and enjoy the ctx a little more. Better features on the CTX I think.

Back
Top Bottom