New Relic Detector

Va Kris

Hello all. I'm looking at buying a new detector to hunt civil war relics and every now and then coins. I live in Fredericksburg Virginia and the soil is pretty mineralized around here. I have been using a Nautilus detector for the last 15 years and its been awesome at finding deep goodies. It's not very good in the trashy areas though. Can anyone recommend a good detector to compliment my Naughty? Something that works well in the trash but can still find a bullet or button at 7 or 8 inches. I like to buy new and I can't afford a $1500 Deus or Etrac. The FORS CoRe, Teknetics T2se, Whites MX sport all seem like they could provide what I'm looking for. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Blisstool V6.. With stock coil and smaller 7x9" coil will do.
Deep, and will get you down there depth wise in mineral as well. In the real harsh soil,, PI will be deeper,,,but Blisstool does have disc. Quite a few folks in your area have moved from the naughty to the Blisstool line and have been doing very well.

I do have a V6 Blisstool.
Cheers.

i know some folks do well with the At Pro in Fredericksburg where they live also.

I would agree with this. My last full year (2014) with the AT Pro was a pretty good one. But I don't know about mineralized ground here. I've actually tried to find some mineralized ground here, just to see how the Deus would be in it. No luck yet.

AT Pro from what I have seen test wise--- better detector in more mineralized ground vs T2 and even F75 both using discrimination.

But even the AT Pro will suffer from depth restriction.

Deus will fair better-- but it too will be depth restricted-- just not as much.

Blisstool V6 -- it too will be depth restricted but not as much as the ones mentioned above.

For example 9" deep 3 ringers will signal as iron with many Vlf detectors in hotter ground--- Blisstool V5 and V6 will sound off on these many times very well,, using discrimination.

And of course PI units will hit even deeper 3 ringers in the hotter soil-- but one will certainly more likely dig some deeper iron-- but the ole saying goes you can't dig what you can't hear applies.

Not to get off topic ..is Fredricksburg soil hotter than Richmond? I can dig 9+ inch 3 ringers without an issue here.

Don't know the answer to your question but I have dug quite a few bullets from 10 - 14 inches, and I have never even seen the mineralization meter register anything on the Deus.

Don't know the answer to your question but I have dug quite a few bullets from 10 - 14 inches, and I have never even seen the mineralization meter register anything on the Deus.

When bobbing Deus coil, and no bars or just one or 2 = equals some very low mineral soil.

I wish I had such here.

Deus in that kind of soil-- should be punching down there as it sounds like.

When I say 9+ I'd say I've found some at 10 or so (few inches deeper than the length of the propointer) but I don't really specifically measure anything.

Bringing it back on topic ..I liked the T2se as well, but sold it to help fund the Deus which I like better. If you have the opportunity to test some out before buying that would be good. To see which you personally like better. (Tones, functions, over all feel ..etc)

AT Pro from what I have seen test wise--- better detector in more mineralized ground vs T2 and even F75 both using discrimination.

But even the AT Pro will suffer from depth restriction.

Deus will fair better-- but it too will be depth restricted-- just not as much.

Blisstool V6 -- it too will be depth restricted but not as much as the ones mentioned above.

For example 9" deep 3 ringers will signal as iron with many Vlf detectors in hotter ground--- Blisstool V5 and V6 will sound off on these many times very well,, using discrimination.

And of course PI units will hit even deeper 3 ringers in the hotter soil-- but one will certainly more likely dig some deeper iron-- but the ole saying goes you can't dig what you can't hear applies.

The T2 will smoke the AT Pro and Gold in mineralized ground. And is better balanced with stock coils.

The T2 will smoke the AT Pro and Gold in mineralized ground. And is better balanced with stock coils.

I wouldn't say it smokes the AT Pro.
In some of the worst of soil-- T2 doesn't see, to have a leg up.
The Fisher T2 and F70/75 series detectors lack a lessening of the filter-- making them inferior to some detectors when hunting in high mineral soil.
Now this is using discrimination-- not all metal.

Deus is one of the best vlfs in the hot soil for this reason-- op can turn filtering off with silencer setting, and also set the reactivity setting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vjCXRzDIa2c

Btw a F75DST unit, I have used and witnessed its performance in highly mineralized soil,, very eye opening to say the least. Good 3 ringers giving iron tone with TID at rather shallow depths,, even a 69 cal 3 ringer.
Blisstool on the same bullets at depth-- killed them.

I wouldn't say it smokes the AT Pro.
In some of the worst of soil-- T2 doesn't see, to have a leg up.
The Fisher T2 and F70/75 series detectors lack a lessening of the filter-- making them inferior to some detectors when hunting in high mineral soil.
Now this is using discrimination-- not all metal.

Deus is one of the best vlfs in the hot soil for this reason-- op can turn filtering off with silencer setting, and also set the reactivity setting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vjCXRzDIa2c

Btw a F75DST unit, I have used and witnessed its performance in highly mineralized soil,, very eye opening to say the least. Good 3 ringers giving iron tone with TID at rather shallow depths,, even a 69 cal 3 ringer.
Blisstool on the same bullets at depth-- killed them.

My go to machine in bad dirt is the MXT. But I haven't used a Deus. I think the Blisstool may be much on a new guy. It personally recommend the T2 over a AT Pro in good or bad ground.

My go to machine in bad dirt is the MXT. But I haven't used a Deus. I think the Blisstool may be much on a new guy. It personally recommend the T2 over a AT Pro in good or bad ground.

Yep I agree a Blisstool would be too much for a new person to detecting.

But the op said he had been using a nautilus for 15 years-- so they are not a greenie when it comes to detecting.

You folks are giving me lots of things to consider and I appreciate your feedback. The ground around my area isn't all that bad and surely not near as "bad" as west of here in Culpepper. I guess the main thing I am looking for is something that can separate out the good targets in the trashy areas. The nautilus has the deep part figured out and It finds things deeper than I want to dig. It's not good in the trash though. If theres aluminum around it will make your ears bleed and mask any good targets 2 feet away. I really like the two tone audio on the naughty - low growl in the left ear anytime it passes over metal and the high tone in the right ear if the object is above the discrimination setting. No VID on the machine, it's all tones.

Back
Top Bottom