Max budget $700

Shavnore

Elite Member
Just moved to Maine and had to sell the sea hunter and coin master, looking to upgrade to a decent mid grade detector. I mainly will be in the woods looking at old cellar holes, searching for relics and coin cashes. I'm not really into searching parks and public areas (like being away from people) I like digging the majority of signals at the places I hunt due to the fact I research the area tremendously before I go; so depth in a machine would be a plus. I've been looking at the F70 and at pro but from mixed reviews they almost sound like they do the same thing minus the waterproof option with the at pro Any advice? I know it depends on the application but I've listed it so that takes the question out :D

Thanks all!

Yeah, the AT Pro is waterproof. That one would be my suggestion.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Definitely a at pro,but I just read you want depth.Not that the at pro isn't deep,but at the 700 range,you can get deeper.How about a used f75ltd ,I see them used in that range

I'm seriously considering the mx sport. Haven't seen any reviews yet though. A local shop just got one in the other day and that thing looks amazing!

Definitely a at pro,but I just read you want depth.Not that the at pro isn't deep,but at the 700 range,you can get deeper.How about a used f75ltd ,I see them used in that range

Thanks for the input, will check the market out!

You can get a MX Sport for $700 shipped.

I would wait.
Spend march looking at mx sport reviews (they are starting to come out now) and see how it performs. If it does well it would be a great choice over a at pro.

Another thing to think about....you can get a used e-trac for around that price.
For dirt hunting silver an etrac is a mighty powerful machine :)

I would wait.
Spend march looking at mx sport reviews (they are starting to come out now) and see how it performs. If it does well it would be a great choice over a at pro.

Another thing to think about....you can get a used e-trac for around that price.
For dirt hunting silver an etrac is a mighty powerful machine :)

I would love an etrac, haven't seen any around $700 though? :/

Saw one on feebay for $750 a few days ago, but your best bet would be to hit up the forum dealers for a used one. Call around and see what they have in stock. If they don't have one ask them to hunt one up :) you might have to wait a bit, but that is how a buddy of mine got his. Unlike feebay if you use a dealer they can check the machine to be sure it is good working order. And it is a lot safer IMHO using them.

I've seen th em at 700 To 800,at 800 a motivated seller will usually meet you at 750.I know that's 50 bucks more than your budget,but that etrac will make your money back fast if you use it.Fbs do rule on coins.

I like the AT pro and I dig anything that doesn't give me a solid iron tone. For $700 you can pick up a new pro and one of those giant NEL coils to get added depth.

Found an e-trac with a sunray probe, three coils, two shafts and an extra battery for $850, sound like a good deal?

For depth, the F70 is great on both relics and coins with the 11" DD coil. The T2 is deep and probably a little better for relics but a little weaker for individual coins since it doesn't have 4 tones. A used F75 LTD2 with DST would probably be a little deeper than the previous two, and the DST would probably eliminate all or most of the audible EMI if you had any to contend with. All three of those would run under your budget and get you the goods.

For depth, the F70 is great on both relics and coins with the 11" DD coil. The T2 is deep and probably a little better for relics but a little weaker for individual coins since it doesn't have 4 tones. A used F75 LTD2 with DST would probably be a little deeper than the previous two, and the DST would probably eliminate all or most of the audible EMI if you had any to contend with. All three of those would run under your budget and get you the goods.

My t2 classic has upto 4 tones

I'm in PA and own a few different models and brands but my go-to relic hunting and cellar hole hunting detector is the F75. I bet you can find an F75 or F75 LTD for about that price new. I use the standard F75 without boost and it does VERY well. As others have said the T2 LTD is also an option in that price range. I think either if these would suit you well for relic and coin hunting in fields, woods, and cellar holes. The F75's and T2's have a very fast recovery speed, very good depth, and are light weight so they can easily be backpacked into the woods and swung all day without any problems. Also they last for 60+ hours on 4 aa batteries even with their full time backlit display (on the F75). The tone options are great for relic hunting, I prefer 2 or 3 tone for relics.

Back
Top Bottom