UPDATE: New CTX 3030... kinda

FloridaDigger

Today I bought a CTX 3030 from a sponsor for less than $2K It is a new model that was used for demo.... Did I do good or was I the sucker that bought a lemon? I will use it this weekend so stay tuned but I'm not sure... Thoughts?

Went out this weekend for two short hunts with the new CTX 3030. Found a few pull tabs, some clad, huge nail, junk metal, and one small silver ring. I just upgraded from the AT Pro and there is a huge difference in these two machines. I don't have enough experience yet to really comment but I do think the CTX will work well for me after I figure out the hundreds of options and settings..ugh! I'm not complaining...it's a great score for a novice with an expert's machine. The ring was about 5" down and solid 12-40.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 365
I got mine when I traded in my life excal with it for 900 and have had some problems with mine. And I know a few people who do there's for under 2000 new. Did you get any extras

Today I bought a CTX 3030 from a sponsor for less than $2K It is a new model that was used for demo.... Did I do good or was I the sucker that bought a lemon? I will use it this weekend so stay tuned but I'm not sure... Thoughts?

Anything under $2K is a good deal on the CTX. And if you bought from a forum sponsor them there is .0000001% that you got a lemon.
Have fun, it's a great machine.

I guess I would ask how much under $2000 was it. Like was already said, you
can get a brand new 2016 model for $1999 or maybe a few bucks cheaper.
But just because it was a demo does not mean it could be a lemon. If its
a sponsor from here I'm sure you'll be fine. Plus you do have a warrantee.

Rand (nightdigger)

$1829 plus tax and it has the 2016 seal and arm strap

So with the tax assuming 6 to 7% you paid about $1940 to $1957. So you
save $40 to $60 bucks as you can get the new 2016 machines for $2000.
It's up to you whether that's enough savings to get a demo.

Rand (nightdigger)

Not bad, I bought used ones for 1600 and 1650. So if yours was only a demo somewhere between new and used is good I would say. Good luck.

You just never know. My friend bought a demo and its been to ML twice. I bought a new one and it's been to ML once. Problem is when you buy new you can sometimes get the free 17" coil. If you sell it you paid less for the new CTX in the long run. All I use beach hunting is the free 17" I got. Inland I don't often use it.

Shoulda got the new one IMO if the price difference wasn't substantial. Better have piece of mind when spending that kinda money.

This is my thought.

You did it and it is a done deal. Don't look back. You might have done better and you might not have. However you did it and you have the machine.

Go out and enjoy it. Find enough gold to pay it off and RELAX.

I have sold a lot of gold. Some of it when the price was 300.00 an oz. I made some choices I COULD regret but I don't. Keep forging ahead and don't look back. You are way better off that way.

Some on here say you did good, others don't think so. The same with EVERYTHING in life. We all have our opinions. Yours is the only one that counts to you. Get out and enjoy your new heater!!

This is my thought.

You did it and it is a done deal. Don't look back. You might have done better and you might not have. However you did it and you have the machine.

I have sold a lot of gold. Some of it when the price was 300.00 an oz. I made some choices I COULD regret but I don't. Keep forging ahead and don't look back. You are way better off that way.

Some on here say you did good, others don't think so. The same with EVERYTHING in life. We all have our opinions. Yours is the only one that counts to you. Get out and enjoy your new heater!!

Well said. Thanks!

This is my thought.

Agreed :thumbsup:

The deal is done--- water under the bridge.

Get out and put your purchase to work and enjoy.

Look forward to hearing your feedback and seeing some of your finds.

Guys demo's are essentially open box never in the dirt units with full warranty. The stigma that they are a lesser unit is incorrect. One could argue a demo is potentially a safer buy because its been tested.

Get out and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom