What's best for very small nuggets? Gold Bug 2 or Minelab sd2200

postman_907

Hi Folks! I'd like to get a metal detector to help me find very small nuggets here on Alaska's Kenai Peninsula. A friend has offered to sell me a lightly-used Minelab SD 2200 for about the same price as I'd pay for a Fisher Gold Bug 2. Which of these two units is best for small nugget-shooting, or is there another detector in the $1,000 range that's even better?

Fisher Gold Bug Pro Metal Detector

Hi Folks! I'd like to get a metal detector to help me find very small nuggets here on Alaska's Kenai Peninsula. A friend has offered to sell me a lightly-used Minelab SD 2200 for about the same price as I'd pay for a Fisher Gold Bug 2. Which of these two units is best for small nugget-shooting, or is there another detector in the $1,000 range that's even better?

Fisher Gold Bug Pro Metal Detector
Any Questions give me a call
dennis

http://www.metaldetectors.com/gold-metal-detectors/fisher/gold-bug-pro-metal-detector

Check out the AT-Gold, might be another good option for you. That thing is super sensitive and its waterproof, slap a dry suit on and dive in that peninsula!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is only tiny gold that you are after, then a gold bug 2 is the master of that game. However, if there are any decent sized nuggets, say .5 gram and up, I would get the SD2200. You will dig a lot of holes for tiny shotgun lead shot with the gold bug 2, and eventually find a tiny tiny nugget. I would rather have a change at big gold.

Most guys will use a PI like the SD/GPX for their main hunting machine, and if they get into a patch of nuggets they will finish the patch off the a gold bug 2 to get the tiny gold. You will hate life trying to hunt only with a gold bug 2.

I say Gold bug pro because I'm getting ready to sell mine. :laughing:

It does hit hard on extemely small stuff, that's for sure.

G2M

Back
Top Bottom