Gti 2500

gibbs

hi i am new to this page and i am seeing if any 1 has used the GTI 2500 metal detector and is it any good ty

hi i am new to this page and i am seeing if any 1 has used the GTI 2500 metal detector and is it any good ty

my opinion those machines were a dud! just my opinion....if your thinkin about buyin one..my advice would be by 1 of the many mid range detectors on the market now like t2,g2 at pro/gold the list goes on!

it was more of a gimmick! garrett tried a few gimmicky kinda machines....especially the talkin ones....id smash it if i hd to hear it talin to me more then 2 minutes!

they make better space takers in closets

my opinion those machines were a dud! just my opinion....if your thinkin about buyin one..my advice would be by 1 of the many mid range detectors on the market now like t2,g2 at pro/gold the list goes on!

Started out with a GTI 2500 15 years ago. Old technology now. You would be way better off with the AT Pro or AT Gold

I agree with the others. The 2500 never really took off, and the 1500 seemed more popular during its day. Either way it's many years old now and from test I've seen online, surpassed by the newer mid-level detectors like the AT-pro. I'm surprised Garrett hasn't done away with the 2500 and replaced it by now. I has to be the longest running high end detector produced by any of the big manufacturers. I notice they still sell for about $1,000 online, you'd be better off with an E-trac, V3i, F75, etc. I bought all of these for about $9000-$1099 new and they are much more modern.

tyvm

tyvm all for your help maybe i will not get it i see it on line it seem that it would be a good metal detector and again tyvm Gibbs ps Happy hunting

Its

A antique :laughing: the Atpro , and the new Garrett Carrot , are the only thing's left that Garrett sell's keeping them from going under , PS if you want a similar machine :laughing:, I will sell you my 1st machine from 1976 for 50.00 plus shipping :lol: , cya , Earl

Attachments

• whites coinmaster.jpg
    whites coinmaster.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 254
at pro, at gold are great detectors and will outshine the 2500 by a lot. I hope garrett can either come out with a new AT model or gti model to replace these aging ones

tyvm all for your guys info thinking of going with the Vaquero the only 1 i can understand ..a buddy of mine lone me his for a little now i am hooked on this detector its the detector for me

Tesoro's a good choice. I owned a GTI 2500 back in the 90's and like most I've wondered why Garrett still has them advertised they must have a warehouse full of them and keep them on the list until they've finally sold them all. There's one on Kansas City's CL right now for 550.00 and I see them on there pretty often and in step with the advice from the members that have already responded to your question it wouldn't be a machine that I'd recommend to anyone for any reason regardless of what type of hunting you plan on doing.

Thats probably why I have a bad rotater cuff from owning an old GTI 1500 :laughing:, the discrimination wasn't the best I do remember that

I have an etrac and and gti 2500 I love the 2500 because of the sizing. I do wish garrett made a newer version that was lighter and still had the imaging. So far in the past 3 yrs of owning both the gti 2500 has seen every hit the etrac has when comparing signals.

Doin it wrong :lol:

I'm 70 years old and have a 2500. it is one of my favorite machines. It's heavy but balances out better than most of my other detectors. I do long hunts with it without any problems. I found a silver dime with it the second time I tried it. It is the only detector that I have that will pick a quarter out of a field of bottle caps. Since I usually hunt alone it keeps me company by talking to me. I also have a GTA 500. an Ace 300 and a couple of GTA 350's but I use the 2500 more. If I'm tired when I begin a hunt I switch to one of my Tecnetics detectors.

A antique :laughing: the Atpro , and the new Garrett Carrot , are the only thing's left that Garrett sell's keeping them from going under , PS if you want a similar machine :laughing:, I will sell you my 1st machine from 1976 for 50.00 plus shipping :lol: , cya , Earl

Actually the Ace 250 has sold more detectors than any other in history.:shock::cool:

Back
Top Bottom