I am now a member in the Gold Coin Club!!

BeepZilla

I'm one happy camper.

1st coin for the day. The proverbial hunted out park. I'm in it for the exercise so that does not stop me from trying. But the coin count is typically very slim at this park.

And it was one of those you got to be kidding me moments. Is someone playing a joke this can NOT be real. But yes it was....
Anyhow-I'd guess 5" deep and I did a very minor scratch on the backside. Never selling it so not a big deal.

And I think my new to me machine had a lot to do with it. Minelab Explorer SE w/ a small SEF butterfly coil.

She has a pretty smile & makes me happy:D

Unbelievable find! Congrats to you on a once in a lifetime find!!!! Wow!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on a awesome coin. The discovery mark gives it character. I can only hope that someday I'll be lucky enough to find one.

Congrats on a awesome coin. The discovery mark gives it character. I can only hope that someday I'll be lucky enough to find one.

The scratch on the back is old, the two nicks on the rim in front of her face are the discovery character marks.
Nice find!

Welcome to the gold coin club! :thumbsup:
Holy Grail of metal detecting!!

I found my half eagle with an Explorer SE too, but I was using the Ultimate 13 coil.

HH,
Raphis
Dan

WOW! And found in a hunted out park to boot. Top O' the coin hunting mountain! If I may ask, what machine, #'s, tones did you get? Straightforward signal or iffy? Mixed wih other tones? Just looking to live vicariously. Great find, man!

Thanks for all the replies...

:p:D:pI seriously just got home from buying a small cake to celebrate w/ my family.

I'm on the east of Portland Oregon. Most of our parks are heavily hunted . But I have done more than my share of hunting anything close as clean as I can get it.

This park has history but it is popular. So much so that on a Monday-today-I had to leave the prime area to avoid the tourist types. I know I have walked over that target many many times.

Today the difference is I was running a new to me Minelab Explorer SE. Using a small SEF butterfly & a program that allows full sensitivity and an almost open screen. This program is tone only & I doubt I'll ever use the #'s screen.

I have to mentally note the tones and avoid the super highs unless they have a "depth" or echo. I just pulled a transitional pulltab & a rusty bottlecap. Again reminding myself to concentrate on low tones-I get a clear mid/high tone. Repeats all the way around. Typical response as from an old shell casing or headstamp.

And I was flabbergasted to see it-can't be real:shock:

Oldest dated American coin & a beauty. I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for both beauty marks. Not huge issue-at least I did not directly stab it. I had the plug out & pushed the dirt into the center with my probe-avoiding the direct area of the coin. And there it was sitting on top of the soil pile in the hole- jaw drops...

My doggie was visiting some pug friends-their owner is super talkative & I knew if I said something it would draw a crowd. So I thanked you know who & called the doggie over for a super snack. biscuits & fruit snacks.

And as I did not want to even touch it more than necessary went to my VW Bus & and found a soft cloth to put the coin in. Soapy water a light daubing only to clean.

Cake time!:p:D:p

Holy smokes!

What a beautiful coin, find of a lifetime!

Huge congrats, wow!

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom