White 6000 Di Pro sl

twisted

Hello all,
Im not super new to the hobby have been doing it on and off for quite a few years, but only get out 5-8 times a year. I picked this white 6000 Di Pro sl up a few years back for 250.00, works like a champ..........I think, I'm not very good at running it yet. Is this a good all around detector? I find my self relic hunting just as much as coin shooting.
Look forward to your answers and coments. Hopefully I can get out more this year........and not work so many 70hr weeks.

I really enjoyed owning that detector. It is 4 filter unit and gives a very accurate target Id if you swing at a slow or medium pace. I did not care for it in heavy trash, but was impressed with it otherwise.

I think that it is stronger as a coinshooter since so much effort went into the target id.

Topdecker, I have noticed that it does give very accurate readings. Im still learning the the different tones and what they mean. I really dont have all that many hours on it yet, but I did find a 1914 S penny. Thats my oldest find....still waiting for my
1st silver.

Topdecker, I have noticed that it does give very accurate readings. Im still learning the the different tones and what they mean. I really dont have all that many hours on it yet, but I did find a 1914 S penny. Thats my oldest find....still waiting for my
1st silver.

It can get you that silver - that detector is pretty much White's peak analog detector. LCD meters started showing up on everything afterwards, but that needle is dead-on accurate. It is one of the few detectors that you can usually tell if it is a dime or a copper penny which is remarkable.

If you want to do better in trash, you might pick-up a smaller coil (Blue Max 600) for it. Regardless, you should not feel like you are at a huge disadvantage with that detector - it is a good one.

That machine is an industry standard.. even when you buy a newer one someday, keep the 6000 as a backup / loaner.
I don't think new machines do any better depth and target finding wise, just are lighter and more modernized.

Back
Top Bottom