Silver sabre plus

rborg

Maybe you guys can help me out. Purchased a used silver sabre plus off of eBay for christmas. Took it out in the front yard and it dosent seem like the disc in all metam is working correctly as it won't disc any thing out quarters, dimes, penny's etc.is that normal?? I'm pretty new to vlf machines what settings should I run or does it need sent in. Any info would help.

Disc out iron like a paperclip on the ground, then switch to All Metal to hunt for a coin sounding tone, then switch back to Disc to see if it's good or just something like a bottlecap. After playing with it a while, you'll learn where different objects Disc at, and what the difference in various tone characteristics mean.

Your manual can be viewed HERE.

Maybe you guys can help me out. Purchased a used silver sabre plus off of eBay for christmas. Took it out in the front yard and it dosent seem like the disc in all metam is working correctly as it won't disc any thing out quarters, dimes, penny's etc.is that normal?? I'm pretty new to vlf machines what settings should I run or does it need sent in. Any info would help.

The detector will not discriminate anything in the all metal mode. You need to switch it to the discriminate mode and then set it for what you want to reject.

It should not disc out pennies dimes and quarters even at the highest setting, all metals means just that so everything, pennies,dimes,quarters,rusty cans.. is picked up.
It should disc out zinc pennies,nickles though.

Thanks guys

Thanks all for your responses. I have one more question. I grabbed some foil and a pop tab and tried too disc it out and my disc was about 5?? Does that seem about right?? And should I disc it out till its gone or until I just get that little one way grunt??

I set mine at the "O" in the word foil, I discriminates most of the jagged foil but occasionally I dig the tight packed foil balls , this is because fine gold will read as light foil and I don't want to miss a thin gold ring.
Pull tabs you do not want to discriminate or you will miss gold and nickles.

Back
Top Bottom