MXT all pro

Semtav

Elite Member
I've been using my MXT All Pro for over a month now. Gathered lots of clad (couple hundred), 3 wheats and a silver dime. but I've noticed all these finds are within a couple inches of the surface. Deepest thing I've found was a big copper washer at 6" and a lead bullet about the same. (other than aluminum cans and big junk)
So I did some testing this morning by burying a dime and a quarter in good moist soil at depths of 6 and 8 inches. Not a peep. If I adjusted my settings, I could get the machine to grunt occasionally on the quarter.
I have the 10" double D coil on it

Is there any way to get better depth out of this machine with a different coil or am I stuck with surface hunting for clad and the occasional silver or wheat that's close to the surface?
Thanks

I have a MXT but it's not the Pro I'm not sure how much help I'll be but I run mine in Relic mode...seems to get a couple more inches in depth.....I also run my gain as high as I can....usually +2

What do u set your gain and discrimination at? Also what mode coin and jewelry, or relic?

I never thought to set it to relic. I usually set i on the coin and jewelry mode. I normally run the setting they marked out, but have going up higher on the disc when around a high pull tab area. I tried running the gain all the way up to +3 and that's where I got the grunt on the quarter. I will go back and try the relic mode. I have used it occasionally.
Thanks
Brian

Back
Top Bottom