Eye poppin, mind blowing, bucket list check off find!

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
....well sort of.

Went over to the nearby high school after the "Race for the cure" all night event to see what people left laying around. I met up with my hunting buddy and went separate directions to swing the machines. The grass was really tamped down by the many (a couple of thousand?) attendees who came, so it was easy to see where the major traffic areas were and where people had sat down to enjoy the midnight fireworks display. Right out of the gate I picked up a low tone on my 705 that was a solid 10 on the VID. Normally I would pass this by because it is always junk, but I decided to dig since it was solid. It was just under the surface (1/2"), and when I started to lift it out, it felt like some can slaw that I would normally expect. I almost decided to just let it be, but then I though "might as well clean it out" and went for it. As I started to lift it out, I noticed a design on the exposed part, and pulled it out to see this MONSTER ring! :shock:

101_3864.jpg

Aside from the monster, I also found some colorful surface jewelry that must have fallen off one of the event goers garb, along with several clad coins and pennies.

101_3861.jpg

When I got home, and cleaned it up, the only stamps I found were the letters "CC" over the word ALPHA on the inside loop. The ring has the words UNITED STATES ARMY around the stone. As a Coastie vet, I could possibly recognize the ALPHA as either a basic training company, or a field company. Im not sure what the "CC" could be other than someones initials or "Company Commander" which exists in Coast Guard basic, but Im not sure about the Army. Any help from Army vets would be great!

I was somewhat disappointed that it wasnt gold or silver, and after doing some research I found that it is more likely stainless steel ($10 - $15) :( I did take it by a jeweler today who said that it could be valadium because of the weight ($100 - $200) :D Ill have to check with some others to find out. It did get the bucket list check since it is like the class ring that Ive always wanted to find.

Thanks for looking!

That thing is massive. Surely it was in the guys pocket, as if it fell from his hand you'd think the immediate relief would have alerted him! :laughing:

Congrats.

Nice, i too am armed with with a 705 with high freq coil and have found many white gold rings wich always hit at 10, so go and have it rechecked it is possible it is 10k white gold. Good luck.

Congrats on checking one off the old bucket list Tommy .
Great looking photos . They all cleaned up so nicely .
HH , Dew

Nice find. Hope it turns out to be precious metal. Even if it does not it is still an excellent find. I am still searching for my first good Big ring.

Back
Top Bottom