• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Wrong to be mad? 59' Franklin

Is it possible that coin was part of a detecting club's hunt and no one found it? Years ago I belonged to a club and I know some hunt targets were left in/on the ground.

I wouldn't worry how the coin made it's way onto the ground. The fact that you found it and saved it from sitting there for years, if not decades is a good thing.

Dang, now I have been jilted out of finding that Frank 30 years from now :lol:

Surface find or DEEEEEPPP find, it is still a find and a good one at that! Congrats.

I would be mad, too. Furious even. I mean, seriously, it's not about the amazing find. It's about how crazy deep it was and difficult to get to. Its not really a proper "good" find unless the hole is a foot wide and at least a foot deep. Heck. I would have tossed it back just on principle.

Or maybe not :)

Looks kind of like a gopher polished it and pushed it up out of his way. :D

Nice find !!!

My best finds and oldest coins have been literally 2 inches under lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finders keepers, losers weepers,
or is it , Losers weepers, Finders keepers.
Anyway I'd be pretty happy.
That's part of the game, & the questions we come across in this hobby, (How the heck did this coin get here? )
So far I have 3 different kinds of halves I have found.
My first was a '36 walker, about 5" down and I scuffed it with my digger.
(at least you didn't do that )
Big Ben is avoiding me.
Nice $ave !

I would definitely be jealous... the same way I was when my cousin, who doesn't even metal detect, found a Morgan silver dollar laying on the ground next to the street, right on the surface. He cashed it in for a quick $250 and it made me sad because I would have bought it from him for my collection but he sold it to someone else before I had the chance. :(

I don't think its wrong at all. I would have wanted to dig that up from the depths as well. I have a handful of gold items Ive found in ptraps under sinks, along baseboards where the carpet meets the wall etc in empty apartments and homes. Everytime I find one, although greatful, I would much rather dig it out of the ground. Been detecting 3 years and never dug a gold ring. So yea, I can relate to how that felt. Still a cool find, but it didnt come with the "zing" it should have. HH

You never know they may have moved some dirt around sometime last season and brought it back to the top and if it had been 8 or 9 inches down you may have given up on it seeing how you were looking for the outhouse.

Sounds like someone has "depth envy" :laughing: ;) Just rewrite the story and tell about how it was 13" deep and you had to blow it out from under a big tree root with an M80. Don't worry, another one will come along @ 8" and it will be a wonderful find and story. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom