Garrette Ace 350 Brand New AWESOME CONTEST

Hows about a hidden treasure contest, you pick a State & town/city somewhere in the united states & hide a fictional treasure in say a park, school, store, etc... in the town that you've decided on & each day or so give a clue to where its hidden starting with the State of course...

In the end make it to where it would take some thinking & research to find the clues to the exact spot where the pretend treasure is hidden...
Just a thought off the top of my head...:grin:

Okay, I have another idea......to keep with the MDng themed contest how about....

you post up a dozen or so statements. and we guess which ones are true. The user closest to getting the most right wins.

examples:

1)I dug up a Budweiser beer can.
2)I found a rosie on my first hunt.
3)I found a brass belt buckle.
4)I found a Mexican coin.
5)I have dug up a copper water spicket.
6)I have dug up a fishing weight.
7)I've dug up 4 silver rings.
8)I've volunteered my metal detecting skills/time to help local law enforcement.

What if everyone were to tell a story of 1 of their finds or 1 of their hunts? Doesn't even need to be a great find. But with a little twist on it and trying to make it as funny as possible, the story needs to be made up with words that you would not normally use to describe your find. Such as nectar, or roundness:D And emphasizing your joy in finding this by saying you were happier than a cat in a milk store (I know that's pretty dumb but I'm drawing a blank.:?:) Maybe have you MBG and see if the mods could read them all and have you all decide on the most entertaining story? I'm a good BS'er and I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that is but its just an idea.:newidea:

The world series

lots of possibilities there.

No malarkey
No heavy lifting
No made up stories
No voting for best finds

For instance

A little know how and a little luck.

A, pick the div winners and wild cards of either the NL or the AL
(your choice) before the 23rd of this month.

winners advance

Regardless of who the contenders are. Pick the winner of the series.
prior to game one.

Tie breaker will be

Pick the total runs scored by both teams over the 4 to 7 game series.

All picks must be in 1 hour before game one starts

Last edited:
Heres a competition which we can all do and requires more then simple lies which too often can be finds etc.

Howabout the people come up with something they found that is part of something else...it can be a medal, a piece of something and then attach a picture of both the item they found and what it would have been off...like finding the speed dial off a certain bike and then a picture of the bike it would have come off when it was new.

It can be an old screw driver but have beside it a picture of a set that it would have been part of so you see the piece in situ.

Giving life to a rusty find, it doesn't matter if its a golden necklace or a rusty barrel band, a grill from a mustang or an old piece of a musket so we see what something looks like and gives a better history then just a rusty item on a table.

Then when the competition is over we all get to vote and the top five then get picked the best from by the host...so the host cant pick their buddies item and the people cant fix anything other get it into the top 5 and final round

Back
Top Bottom