• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Big Boy Toys...A Big Thumbs Up

Roy...S

I was looking for a MD for my wife as a Christmas Present. I called a couple of the Sponsors here on the forums and a couple other places, but ended up going with Bart at Big Boy Toys for the purchase. This was for several reasons....

1) I called and got voice mail initially. I was kinda put off by that but decided to have patience considering he was probably with another customer. I'm glad I answered my phone when he called back. Bart returned my call shortly and I received great service.

2) He didn't try to up-sale me. I was looking at the Fisher F2 or the ACE 350 for my wife. Bart took the time to ask what kind of ground she would be hunting. I was looking at a more expensive coil but with his suggestion I ended up paying around $100.00 LESS then what I was expecting to spend.

3) He gave me reasonable expectations on what she would be able to get the machine to do. We live on the Kitsap Peninsula in Washington and have miles of beach as we're surrounded by the Puget Sound. He clearly explained the limitations of the unit and what it would take to get a good saltwater machine. He could have easily pushed me toward a much more expensive machine but didn't try to....She'll have plenty of fun searching the areas the machine will function in, and if she like the hobby we'll look at getting her a better one.

With those things going for him I decided to make the purchase thru Bart and glad I did. I purchased the detector from him at 1pm Pacific time and by the time I got home from work that evening I had a tracking number and the unit arrived 4 days later.

Thanks Bart for the great customer service and the quick turn around. If I ever need to buy another machine you will be the first place I contact.

BTW...My wife was very happy when she unwrapped it. She had it put together by the end of the day and was already playing with it. I'm looking forward to some dryer weather and seeing her go out and enjoy it.

Detecting Wife

I think if you go to a pawn shop and buy jewelry and seed a site for your wife, you will have to fight her to get her to stop detecting,,,LOL...

Sounds like a good experience! I was looking to purchase an AT Gold soon. Looks like Big Boys Hobbies has a good deal on them.

Back
Top Bottom