• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

which whites is rights...

durabostbay

for my wife? whites eagle 2 for $150 or a whites prizm 5 for $250

both are for sale locally I'm thinking the prizm is more user friendly and lighter I don't know much about either machine so I thought I would ask you fellows for some advice.

The Prizm V is much lighter and I'm sure she would enjoy that one more.

What Gib said. I have the Coinmaster that uses the same housing/assembly and it is light and well balanced. She would like it.

BUT

For less than $250 you can get her a new Fisher F2 or Ace 250. Both have notching like the Prizm V, probably a safer bet. The only extra thing you get with the Prizm is more tones.
If you really want White's you can get a new Coinmaster for $180, but the others are a better value.

Does the $180 coinmaster do everything the V does minus the tones?

I wanted to get her a F2 for Christmas but she wanted other stuff. Christmas day I swung a little bit at her parents house with my mxt and she was right there soaking it in the whole time. When I stopped swinging she said she wanted a md like mine with pinpoint and a small coil (I had 4x6 on). She swings a BH but it doesnt have pinpointing.

Does the $180 coinmaster do everything the V does minus the tones?

I wanted to get her a F2 for Christmas but she wanted other stuff. Christmas day I swung a little bit at her parents house with my mxt and she was right there soaking it in the whole time. When I stopped swinging she said she wanted a md like mine with pinpoint and a small coil (I had 4x6 on). She swings a BH but it doesnt have pinpointing.

The Coinmaster also lacks notching, but the pinpointing it is good and very easy to use.

The F2 and the Ace250 are both better starter detectors.

The Prizm V is a good MD and has a good resale. When she moves up, you can get your investment back. I bought my boys the coinmaster, easy to use and light. Now they're hooked. I really don't see used White's MD for sale that offen.

Back
Top Bottom