• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Frustrating lately but...

BronzeBrother

Elite Member
It's been slim pickings for me lately. Seems like someone else is beating me to the spots with a MD. So far in my infant stages of MDing I have not found any real jewelry but on the bright side I have found my first rings (Junk) but it's a start.
Anyways I decided to hit a freshwater beach to see if my luck turns around. Not much happening there either. A few dimes and nickels. As I was starting to get frustrated and starting to swing a little wild I decided to cut the trip short, no sense in getting overly frustrated right???
As I am walking back to the van I see a large black bump in the tall grass. I wander over there and find a brand new neoprene lifevest. Worth about 50 bucks at Walley world. Well I will take that badboy as it will be a perfect size for the wife...

HH

BB

It's all your's

Sometimes the stuff on top of the ground is better than digging down. I found an 1882 IH laying on top of a tree root..Way to eyeball.

When I start feeling frustrated I find myself not wanting to dig anymore, and if don't dig I don't find stuff so I just stop. Usually by the evening or the next day I am ready to go again.

Good job on the vest by the way.

It's been slim pickings for me lately. Seems like someone else is beating me to the spots with a MD. So far in my infant stages of MDing I have not found any real jewelry but on the bright side I have found my first rings (Junk) but it's a start.
Anyways I decided to hit a freshwater beach to see if my luck turns around. Not much happening there either. A few dimes and nickels. As I was starting to get frustrated and starting to swing a little wild I decided to cut the trip short, no sense in getting overly frustrated right???
As I am walking back to the van I see a large black bump in the tall grass. I wander over there and find a brand new neoprene lifevest. Worth about 50 bucks at Walley world. Well I will take that badboy as it will be a perfect size for the wife...

HH

BB

You should not grieve.
See - I was digging today 6 hours and found only garbage.
No good coins.
But I know - tomorrow I'll find treasures.
You know, you find many good coins.
Look for - and find it.

Attachments

• P8090545.jpg
    P8090545.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 300
Eyeball finds are not something to turn a nose up at! My last outting one park I was in had very few coins but as I was walking around the tennis court I found a really nice pair of new sunglasses! I figure at least $15 retail so I nabbed em! :lol::lol:

You should not grieve.
See - I was digging today 6 hours and found only garbage.
No good coins.
But I know - tomorrow I'll find treasures.
You know, you find many good coins.
Look for - and find it.

Whaddaya mean garbage? Is that a 3 Kopek coin I see? I never find those!

my toddler loves your cat avatar, he's bopping his head like it right now

reading this forum you'd think the stuff is hanging from trees, everyone is finding great stuff :lol:

then reality hits and i come back with another pocket of junk metal

Eyeball finds are not something to turn a nose up at! My last outting one park I was in had very few coins but as I was walking around the tennis court I found a really nice pair of new sunglasses! I figure at least $15 retail so I nabbed em! :lol::lol:

My son just found a nice pair of sunglasses today at a tennis court. 

my toddler loves your cat avatar, he's bopping his head like it right now

reading this forum you'd think the stuff is hanging from trees, everyone is finding great stuff :lol:

then reality hits and i come back with another pocket of junk metal

Ya to beebopping cat is funny. I thought it kinda fits with all of us MD'ers always wearing headphones and bopping around... 

Back
Top Bottom