What other coils will work on an Excalibur II

Chizmar

Elite Member
Hi guys just got a brand new Excal II 8" hasn't even went outside yet m thinkin I hosed myself getting the 8" should have stuck with my original plan and got the 10" so now wanting to change the coil to the 10" and wanting to know what coils will work on it? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys just got a brand new Excal II 8" hasn't even went outside yet m thinkin I hosed myself getting the 8" should have stuck with my original plan and got the 10" so now wanting to change the coil to the 10" and wanting to know what coils will work on it? Thanks

As far as I know, you cant change the coil. I heard OBN has a mod but not sure.

I have been doin some lookin I think found on YouTube where a guy changed one out.

OBN?

Great!!! Got another POS! Can't do nothin with! I gotta get out of this hobby!!!

Week! My Buddy talked me into the 8" when original plan was 10"! I was allways told never listin to your friends!!

Hasn't even been out of the house yet!! Charged the battery ready to go! Now every time I look at it I get PO

Now don't even care bout being new or warranty I'm ready gutt the thing and change the coil if I can find one!

Now don't even care bout being new or warranty I'm ready gutt the thing and change the coil if I can find one!

Reach out to oldbeachnut (OBN) he may have some ideas. It seems I remember he knows something about mods for them. I still think you should give it a try. i have friends that do very well with that machine with the small coil. Especially in trashy, Iron infested areas.

Ok I'll give it a try. Alot of beach to cover in 8" lol

If purchased from a dealer, I would call them. Any good dealer would take care of you. Call and explain, might be able to work out a swap for you if it bothers you that much.

Most like the 8" coil. Put the detector in the classifieds. may even be able to do a swap.

You might be stressing out unnecessarily...you haven't even tried the machine and you're already mad at it. :lol: Many of the pros prefer the 8 over the 10 and say it hits harder on smaller targets. Easier to pinpoint with too. As for what coils will work with the Excal, pretty much any waterproof coil made for the Sov GT will work. This would mean the Detech SEF coils, Coiltek, Sunray, etc. You can either do a splice or hard wire the new coil directly to the pod itself. There are threads and videos out there on how to do both of these things. With the bigger coils you do get a lot more drag in the water however and this means you get tired faster. My advice however would be to get out there and try the 8"...supposed to be a great coil...you might like it! :yes:

You guys are right maybe I'm screaming before I'm hurt ! I've been reading threads on the 8"&10" I'm seein a lot of plus toward 10" coil. my friend talked me into this!

Lol! Allways gotta be a comedian in the group!! Lol!!im gonna take it out to the lake after the 4th. See what this thing can do! Thanks guys for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom