My 1st Shield nickel today and some Indians at the old park again

kwo123

Elite Member
Headed out to the old park today. First thing good I found in a new area was the 186? shield nickel about 8 inches down. First thing I saw was the number 5 on the back and I knew it was old and my first. I knew I was in a good area and started walking straight lines and ended up with 5 Indian Head pennies, 1918 Buffalo nickel and 3 wheat in an area about 25 yards by 15 yards. I was surprised not to find any silver so I'm guessing those have been cleaned out by someone else.

Attachments

• IMG_2341.jpg
    IMG_2341.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_2343.jpg
    IMG_2343.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 318
Very nice finds!! Too bad the dates on those shield nickels was SO tiny! I don't know why they couldn't make it bigger. There certainly was room on the coin for a larger date. Congrats on a nice haul and best wishes for future hunts, Dave.

Great Job on the shield nickel. Found my first this year at about 6 inches. Those are very cool in my book. I'd keep looking. My bet is there is still some silver there.

Very nice finds!! Too bad the dates on those shield nickels was SO tiny! I don't know why they couldn't make it bigger. There certainly was room on the coin for a larger date. Congrats on a nice haul and best wishes for future hunts, Dave.

Agreed - they messed that up big time.

Those nickels are amazing. You have some nice soil there.

Back
Top Bottom