So Cal Gold, Huge, Medium and Small Silver and a Chauffeur Badge

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone, hope you all had good weekends. I was able to get out three times over the past week, two short hunts after work and one longer one this weekend. Last Wednesday after work I spent a couple hours at a park I had done well at recently. I wasn't finding much except for a few wheats and then right as it was getting dark I pulled a nice 6.7 gram silver pendant. It was only 1-2 inches deep so probably not a really old item.

Then on Friday I spent a couple hours after work hunting and found a few more wheats and a 1953 Washington. The Washington was a really weird signal, almost like an older wheat. I first pulled a 1951 nickel out of the hole and thought that couldn't be what I heard and then rescanned the hole with my pro pointer and saw the flash of silver. That explains the weird signal, a nickel and quarter spill.

On Saturday, I headed out to an older park with a friend. As we pulled up he noticed a vacant lot and he asked if I every hunted that lot and I said no. So off we went to hunt the lot before heading into the park. My first target was a 1926 California chauffeur badge which was the second chauffeur badge that I have found. Not long after that I found my first gold of the year, a 2.7 gram 14k ring. My buddy then pulled a 1911 Barber dime. We hunted the lot for a little while and I pulled 4 wheats and then told my buddy I was going to walk over to the park. As I was swing heading over to the park I got a shallow target under some weeds and stuck my pro pointer around and it sounded off and pulled out a huge silver chain weighting a whopping 56.7 grams. My buddy questioned it a being real silver but sure enough when I got home and tested it, it tested positive for silver. We then spent the next few hours at the park and I pulled a few more wheats, a Merc and 2 war nickels, one of which lost a battle with a lawn mower. I threw a photo in of Friday and Saturday's finds before cleaning in case anyone likes to see the dirty finds.

This weeks finds brings my silver total to 124 for the year. Have a great week everyone. Jason

Attachments

• Finds2.jpg
    Finds2.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 704
  • Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 702
  • Pendant.jpg
    Pendant.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 712
  • Silver Chain.jpg
    Silver Chain.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 708
  • Finds1.jpg
    Finds1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 714
  • Chauffer Badge.jpg
    Chauffer Badge.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 696
wow Jam - you had a fantastic week! Congrats! You are good at finding half coins haha. Hopefully some day I can get back out there with you guys again.

Congrats on some successful hunts. I like the gold ring, and that silver chain is AWESOME! I'd love to run my coil over something as cool as that! Good luck on future hunts. : )

Way to go on the gold and silvers!

That ring must have made your day..

Those cut coins crack me up!

<*)))>{

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Way to go on the gold and silvers!

That ring must have made your day..

Those cut coins crack me up!

<*)))>{
Thanks Ice Scratcher. Yeah, the ring for sure made my day. I have been finding a lot of the cut coins recently. All these SO Cal gophers and lawn mowers.

wow Jam - you had a fantastic week! Congrats! You are good at finding half coins haha. Hopefully some day I can get back out there with you guys again.
Thanks Jason. Hopefully we can do some hunting this weekend.

!!! You are the man down here In So Cal.

You are killing it man . Hey im thinking about purchasing an ETRAC soon. How much for some lessons ? How about lunch on me dude anytime are you still hunting the L.A areas?:cool:

Way to go! Congrats on a couple of great hunts, finding silver is always awesome. Throw in some gold and a sweet chaueffer badge and its super awesome. Congrats!

How come you chauffeurs badges are always in better shape than mine:?::?::?:
Must be all the fertilizer and chemicals in the ground around here:no::no::no:
Your Gold is in better shape than mine too,,

!!!BECAUSE I HAVEN'T FOUND ANY LATELY!!!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Nice finds as usual:yes::yes::yes::D

Tim

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 372
Back
Top Bottom